Aruba Beach
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: WaltVB in Aruba 2016

Aruba since 1979
    love the 71 vw beetle!!

glad that you are now settled at the HI and have a stupendous room/view!

i will look online for the aruba today photo and post the link

I am glad they upgraded your room for you, nice way to finish up is right! The ocean front rooms along Palm Beach are really breathtaking IMO, and I am sure the HI's oceanfront rooms are exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I am glad they upgraded your room for you, nice way to finish up is right! The ocean front rooms along Palm Beach are really breathtaking IMO, and I am sure the HI's oceanfront rooms are exactly the same.
    You know, that's why I stay at IHG properties every chance I get for work, if you are a rewards member they never hesitate to upgrade you to the best room available. Their loyalty program may be the best ever, heck I'm getting points and status even when I'm using points for the room. Due to the way the HI sits on the beach, I think our room may be one of the closest rooms to the water on Palm Beach. We are very excited and grateful to have this room.

Very nice!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thanks for the reports and details, Walt. We've been considering going back to Holiday Inn in the next year or so. The oceanfront rooms aren't a bad price, even if you aren't a rewards member. Based on your description, I don't think we can go wrong there.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Closest to the water AND closest to Carlitos. Only thing better would be if we were still there - we'd be neighbors!

Quote Originally Posted by kemperato View Post
    Closest to the water AND closest to Carlitos. Only thing better would be if we were still there - we'd be neighbors!
    You betcha!

Just love IHG, nice rooms and clean. We are staying at MCO (airport)the night before we leave ... free with points. Then only $5.00 per night to park.
    Cheaper to stay there then parking at airport.
    By the way enjoying your reviews. Thank you for sharing..

After we settled in from the move it was off to the Local Store for wings and back to Moomba. Yesterday we sat under the palapa and for lunch went to Pelican Nest for grouper sandwiches, boy are they good. Dinner was at Hard Rock where we had appetizers. We are in our final days now, trying to get as much beach time and relaxing in as possible. We may go downtown today for some last minute shopping but will probably be under the palapa most of the day.

Walt - hope to see you at the bb party tonight! I have hit the ground running since arriving Saturday and going to the Prince Tribute concert outside among the rocks at Casabari Café - fantastic local musicians and just a fun night all around. But still recovering a bit from lack of sleep. LOL! But I will be at the bb party tonight for happy hour!
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast