Aruba Beach
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: WaltVB in Aruba 2016

Awesome! Three weeks sounds perfect! Loved the reports - thanks for sharing your time with us
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We're shooting for another trip next March with three weeks being our target too.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Thanks for the awesome reports and for getting me in the mood for our upcoming trip!

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    Been lurking your reports. Great trip especially jumping out of the plane. Going to miss you in Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Hi Amy. Didn't make the bb party due to some events at home that required immediate attention. We're only here till Wednesday, but maybe we'll run into you guys somewhere.

Hope everything is ok at home? So sorry we missed you on this trip. But there is always next year - hope to see you both again soon! By the way, I saw your photo in the paper - if you need an extra copy let me know.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Aruba since 1979
    cool
    thanks for posting the link

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post

Thank you for posting your reviews. Really looked forward to it.
    Safe travels back home and hope Dad is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    So cool!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I ‘m on the plane writing this as we fly over the Dominican Republic, and I will try to post from Charlotte. Today was our last day on the island and we went to Scott’s Brats for our last meal, gave Leslie a couple of bottles of wine we didn’t drink and had our last Italian beef sandwiches… Damn they are good! We got back to HI, showered, checked out and headed back to Royal to turn the car in. Let me just say one more thing about the Holiday Inn. I pulled the car up in front of the lobby to go inside to check out. The head bellman came over to me and asked if we were checking in and I said no, we are leaving. He put his arm around my shoulder as we walked into the lobby and thanked me graciously for staying with them and then walked back to the car and shook Pam’s hand and wished her a safe flight. That is hospitality and the Aruban spirit at its finest. We had a 4:35 flight and we left the Holiday Inn around 1:30. You guys all know about the three hour rule, so we were a bit behind starting out. There was a cruise ship in port and traffic through downtown was very slow, but we got to Royal around 2:00, turned in the car with no issues and were given a ride to the airport. We got there around 2:20. It was crazy… there was no one there! We walked up to the counter, checked in for the flight and went over to passport control. There was no one in line there or at the first security checkpoint. So we breezed right through there, stopped at the gift shop just in case DW needed something (like another paperback), picked up the luggage and went to USA customs and immigration. There was no one there! We were the only people in the hall. We used our newly acquired Global Entry at the kiosk and were through in no time. We placed our bags on the conveyor belt and went to second security… yep, no one there! Now it is 2:40 and we were at One Happy Bar with a one hour thirty minute wait till boarding. We were so thrilled not having to deal with lines and crowds this time, we will definitely return at this time next year. We just finished dinner and American has really stepped up their game with regards to meals in first class; we had a filet with lobster mac and cheese, a wedge salad, a delicious antipasti appetizer and lemon meringue pie for dessert. Our flight attendant Maxwell is fantastic, he is very attentive and our drinks never run dry. Although we are sad having to leave, we are grateful that we got meet some great folks, make awesome new friends and that we were able to spend so much time in Aruba. It’s hard to leave the biba dushi, can’t wait till we return!

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast