Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: WaltVB in Aruba 2016

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Walt, where do you do the immigration forms online for aruba? does anyone know the website you go to?

Walt, I'm so excited for you and the Mrs! Your trip snuck right up on me. Enjoy one at Carlitos for us! Is the Sea Tower the one closest to Moomba? We always imagine how nice those cabanas that are right there at the pool and beach edge would be, right by the new pool. I stare at them every time we walk by.

Just to add, great choice doing your GE interviews during the layover. A 4 hour trip could easily turn into 6 in this area with the traffic. As soon as you hit Fredericksburg - its so hit or miss on how long the drive can take.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Have a great vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Walt, where do you do the immigration forms online for aruba? does anyone know the website you go to?
    https://edcardaruba.aw/#
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    https://edcardaruba.aw
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Walt, I'm so excited for you and the Mrs! Your trip snuck right up on me. Enjoy one at Carlitos for us! Is the Sea Tower the one closest to Moomba? We always imagine how nice those cabanas that are right there at the pool and beach edge would be, right by the new pool. I stare at them every time we walk by.

Just to add, great choice doing your GE interviews during the layover. A 4 hour trip could easily turn into 6 in this area with the traffic. As soon as you hit Fredericksburg - its so hit or miss on how long the drive can take.
    Hey Tracey! Yes the Sea Tower is closest to Moomba. The cabanas are very nice but out of the wind, so they can get a bit warm during the day. I'm not a fan of flying to Dulles, I can't imagine driving there. We've been to Carlito's daily since arriving, can't beat their happy hour or Louisa's mixology efforts.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    the only thing i don't understand is when we were there this last time (dec 2015), we were instructed to the happy flow line. we had that form they give you on the plane. no one took it or asked for it. i went through happy flow line, still had that form. when we left aruba, still had the form & no one took it.

Hey Walt, sounds like your vacation is off to a great start. We are arriving tomorrow ... How's the weather? Lol

seriously though it it looks pretty windy on the Playa Linda cam today. Last year we had unusually strong winds for our entire 2 weeks. Never had a sunset due to the Sahara dust that the winds carried over the island. Hoping that isn't the case again this year although if so I'm not going to complain about it. Upstate NY supposed to be rainy and brisk for the next week. Can't wait for my first drink at the beach bar and Eduardo's acai bowl! Maybe we will run into you somewhere. Keep enjoying.

The weather is great, the wind seems to come and go, but really can't complain. Yesterday was a nice slow day. We got up and went to Price Smart and joined for a year. They have real good prices on booze and snacks there. We got back to the room and decided to walk down the beach. We wound up at Bugaloe, had a drink and bought a t-shirt, and walked back to Carlito’s. Yesterday was just a nice lazy day, we didn’t use our palapa but plan on using it today. Today we also moved to the Surf Club for week number one there. We had a late checkout and got moved without any problems. We had to wait for our room to be ready, so we made a quick run to Super Foods for breakfast items and some mixers. All of the stores have short hours tomorrow and most everything will be closed Monday for Labor Day. Today is DWs birthday, we are going out to Tandoor for dinner and our favorite bartenders have promised her special drinks to celebrate tonight.

What is the cost for a year membership at Price Smart? Can anyone join? Is the food and drinks that much cheaper than Super Foods or Lings?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast