Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: WaltVB in Aruba 2016

Wonder if they take you picture for the membership or if you can add "family members" name for additional fee.
    My sister lives in Mass. and we share a BJ's membership... but I get the points cause I use my CC.. and go more often.

Wishing the birthday girl a Very Happy Birthday and many more to come.....hope you both enjoy your dinner and her "special drink"
    How are the prices at Super Food? Plan on bringing some stuff like coffee, creamers, equal and other staples.
    Would love to get some fresh fish for the grill.. to cook

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    The weather is great, the wind seems to come and go, but really can't complain. Yesterday was a nice slow day. We got up and went to Price Smart and joined for a year. They have real good prices on booze and snacks there. We got back to the room and decided to walk down the beach. We wound up at Bugaloe, had a drink and bought a t-shirt, and walked back to Carlito’s. Yesterday was just a nice lazy day, we didn’t use our palapa but plan on using it today. Today we also moved to the Surf Club for week number one there. We had a late checkout and got moved without any problems. We had to wait for our room to be ready, so we made a quick run to Super Foods for breakfast items and some mixers. All of the stores have short hours tomorrow and most everything will be closed Monday for Labor Day. Today is DWs birthday, we are going out to Tandoor for dinner and our favorite bartenders have promised her special drinks to celebrate tonight.

Happy Birthday to the "better half" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Wonder if they take you picture for the membership or if you can add "family members" name for additional fee.
    My sister lives in Mass. and we share a BJ's membership... but I get the points cause I use my CC.. and go more often.
    They take your picture right there at the store. You get one additional card free, but we passed on it as we will always go there together. There are a couple of threads comparing prices between Lings, Super Foods and Price Smart on the forum. We think the prices at Super Food are okay, a bit more than Virginia prices, but nothing we can't live with. Daily Fish is right next door and has great bargains and selections. We will get our booze and snacks at Price Smart, the savings will more than cover the cost of membership. Since we have a car and transportation is no issue, we shop Ling's, Super Food and Price Smart depending on what items we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    What is the cost for a year membership at Price Smart? Can anyone join? Is the food and drinks that much cheaper than Super Foods or Lings?
    $37 for a one year membership and one additional guest card. All I used was my Virginia Drivers license to join. We think the savings will cover the price of membership.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Happy Birthday to Mrs. Walt

Aruba since 1979
    happy birthday to your dear wife !

act1966 created a thread last year..... a price smart liquor shopping comparison.

have a mimosa or a bloody mary and read
    Price Smart Versus Lings - Liquor Price Comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    What is the cost for a year membership at Price Smart? Can anyone join? Is the food and drinks that much cheaper than Super Foods or Lings?
    I think it's about $35 USD. Yes - anyone can join. Significant savings on everything - particularly booze:

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I think it's about $35 USD. Yes - anyone can join. Significant savings on everything - particularly booze:

ACT or Walt, Did you look for beach chairs while you were there? if so, did you find any chairs similar to the Tommy Bahama chair that Act took a picture of and what was the cost? Happy Birthday to Mrs. Walt!

Hope Mrs Walt had a wonderful birthday!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast