Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: WaltVB in Aruba 2016

Aruba since 1979
    bingo WIN!! lounging at the pool or beach is better than most anything!

have a wonderful day

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Again we lounged by the pool most of the day yesterday. As many of you know, our gambling is pretty much non-existent, but we allow ourselves to play pool side bingo for a shot at a free drink coupon or the daily jackpot. Well yesterday DW won that jackpot. It was only 140 bucks, but you'd have thought she hit power ball! We strolled down to Carlito's for a late lunch and a celebratory drink and headed back to the room. We had leftovers for dinner and rested up in anticipation of today's big surprise.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Congrats on the win!! We are not big gamblers and I never win at bingo, so I would have been thrilled also. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your time in Aruba. We've had nothing but rain back here in Va. since you've been away, and it's supposed to keep raining through Sat. I'm looking forward to hearing about your big surprise for your wife.

I would have been thrilled to win $140 pennies last trip let alone $140 bucks, nice win. Have fun today.

Only $140 bucks is a GREAT win! Congrats!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

$140.00 is great.. A nice dinner and drinks.

So today was the big birthday surprise. It was an item that has been on DWs wish/bucket list almost forever. So this morning, about 2 hours ago, at an altitude of about 10,000 feet over the north end of the island, DW and I both jumped out of a perfectly good flying airplane. It was probably the biggest adrenaline rush I've ever experienced, and it lasted well after we were safely back on the ground. The view was absolutely stunning, you could see the entire island and the coast and mountains of Venezuela. Ty and Michele were awesome and had us checked out and ready to jump in no time. I cannot say enough good things about them and the entire Skydive Aruba team. DW was greatly surprised and had a wonderful time. Will post a few pics soon.

I've got to give you credit. I wouldn't be able to get my wife to jump off of a foot stool.
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

I would have unmentionable colors in my undies if I did that! Glad the birthday girl and you enjoyed it!
    Darlene

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    So today was the big birthday surprise. It was an item that has been on DWs wish/bucket list almost forever. So this morning, about 2 hours ago, at an altitude of about 10,000 feet over the north end of the island, DW and I both jumped out of a perfectly good flying airplane. It was probably the biggest adrenaline rush I've ever experienced, and it lasted well after we were safely back on the ground. The view was absolutely stunning, you could see the entire island and the coast and mountains of Venezuela. Ty and Michele were awesome and had us checked out and ready to jump in no time. I cannot say enough good things about them and the entire Skydive Aruba team. DW was greatly surprised and had a wonderful time. Will post a few pics soon.
    Definitely a birthday that will be remembered! Very cool!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Walt, I knew you had something up your sleeve but could not have guessed that if i tried. I am frightened of heights...there is zero chance I would do that even if I was paid LOTS of money....zero chance. Glad you had fun though, sounds crazy to me, lol.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast