Aruba Beach
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree171Likes

Thread: WaltVB in Aruba 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Walt - just out of curiosity, how long from start to finish were you gone for skydiving? Jon will be doing this without me, just wondering how long he would be gone?
    Tracey, we got there (just past the Ritz, across from the kite/wind surfing places) a little before 10:00 and actually jumped out of the plane around 11:00, and we were back at Surf Club by 12:15. Are you sure Jon is going by himself? You will have to listen about it for a long time. Today we met some folks by the pool who were talking about the folks that were skydiving. One of them actually had a picture they took yesterday from their balcony and it was me! I was amazed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Thank you so much for sharing! They are AMAZING shots!!
    Thanks for figuring out how to post them... It was the most amazing thing I have ever done!

Aruba since 1979
    have you gotten to have a brat @ scott's brats?

i really miss reading scott's reviews...there have not been many since Scott and Leslie took on new partners and then began working part time.

i hope that you got to enjoy a brat and visit with scott and les.

Aruba since 1979
    grateful that jacki was able to reduce their size and then upload to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Thanks for figuring out how to post them... It was the most amazing thing I have ever done!

Tracey, we got there (just past the Ritz, across from the kite/wind surfing places) a little before 10:00 and actually jumped out of the plane around 11:00, and we were back at Surf Club by 12:15. Are you sure Jon is going by himself? You will have to listen about it for a long time. Today we met some folks by the pool who were talking about the folks that were skydiving. One of them actually had a picture they took yesterday from their balcony and it was me! I was amazed!
    Yep, I'm 100% sure he is going without me...lol
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    have you gotten to have a brat @ scott's brats?

i really miss reading scott's reviews...there have not been many since Scott and Leslie took on new partners and then began working part time.

i hope that you got to enjoy a brat and visit with scott and les.
    We went and saw Scott and Leslie yesterday since they only work Wednesdays now. Had the Italian beef sandwich which was awesome as always. Washed it down with a vodka lemonade. They are doing great in semi retirement and seem to really enjoy it.

One of them actually had a picture they took yesterday from their balcony and it was me! I was amazed!
    That is crazy cool! I can't even imagine! And imagining is all I'll ever be able to do. I give you both tons of credit. I can't even fly in a regular size airplane without squeezing my kids' hands & crying like a baby. JUMP OUT of a plane? Not in this lifetime....but thankful I have people like you whom I can live vicariously through
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Amazing shots... now I would love to do this... my husband no way. If I can convince my son (when I tell him we are going) I will do it.
    I am the dare devil.
    By the way love your Red Sox shirt. Just got tickets for June 27th the day before we go to Aruba. Just need to see Ortiz play one more time before he retires.
    I have received many compliments on that shirt, of course it has a number 2 and Bogaerts on it!

Did get all of us a shirt with Bogaert on it (got it from you.. for his graduation and then tell him about Aruba)

I have received many compliments on that shirt, of course it has a number 2 and Bogaerts on it!

Cinco de Mayo was a fun day on Aruba. We made a speed run to Lings, I think I really like them better than Super Food. The parking is better and the prices are competitive, plus the crowds are smaller. They were open for a few hours due to it being Ascension Day. Following a losing day at poolside bingo, we enjoyed the margarita special at Pelican Nest in the afternoon, the bartenders had sombreros and maracas and poured perfect drinks. We followed that up with a great Mexican meal at Chihuahua's for dinner. This will become our favorite Mexican place I'm sure, the service and food were really good, the staff entertaining and the prices were great. They have specials a few days a week like all you can eat tacos (I think for $12.95) and other things. We wrapped up the day at MooMba, sharing drinks with our favorite semi-retired couple on the island.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast