Aruba Beach

Thread: water on Palm Beach

water on Palm Beach

I have visited Aruba many times, but I was there on a cruise ship on March 19th and the water at Palm Beach was dirty and yukky.
    I always feed the fish near the public raft area near the old polis station and I couldn't even get any fish to come eat and it smelled bad especially near the new Divi buildings.
    On the Radisson side of DePalm Pier, it always seems a little clearer, but that day it was bad all the way down toward the Holiday Inn.
    I felt bad for people there the first time and thought that was what Aruba water looked like. I wouldn't even get in it. Kids would go under and you couldn't even see them !
    The water at Eagle Beach was amazing as usual.
    Can anyone tell me why it was like that at Palm Beach or is it still bad?

I left on March 20th and was there for a few weeks. During that time the Ocean went through a few periods of a couple of days each that were unusually windy (on the ocean only) and churned up the ocean floor. The sea weed came in and it made the ocean water not clear and a little smelly at times. Each "period" it took a number of days to clean itself up. Very unusual!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    dirty and yukky are words that i have never heard to describe the water in aruba.

weather and surf and sea bed related churned up are probably the words that might be better suited.

just my opinion

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by gshunt26 View Post
    I have visited Aruba many times, but I was there on a cruise ship on March 19th and the water at Palm Beach was dirty and yukky.
    I always feed the fish near the public raft area near the old polis station and I couldn't even get any fish to come eat and it smelled bad especially near the new Divi buildings.
    On the Radisson side of DePalm Pier, it always seems a little clearer, but that day it was bad all the way down toward the Holiday Inn.
    I felt bad for people there the first time and thought that was what Aruba water looked like. I wouldn't even get in it. Kids would go under and you couldn't even see them !
    The water at Eagle Beach was amazing as usual.
    Can anyone tell me why it was like that at Palm Beach or is it still bad?

Quote Originally Posted by gshunt26 View Post
    Water was stirred up on Palm Beach on the 14th of March.
    With currents and rain showers, it could take the water that long to clear up.

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/unusal-rain-37417/#post134170