Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We are in Aruba now.

Smile We are in Aruba now.

We got to Aruba June 27th for our 15th trip and also our 25th wedding anniversary. We will be at the Surf Club the first week and the 10 nights at the Ocean Club. We are trying to take everyones advice on trying different places to eat. First night was Passions. We had a great sunset and the meal was great!!!! We both had the special, Mahi-Mahi. My wife said hers was alittle fishy so maybe it wasn't fresh. Next time I'm going to have a steak like Aruba Amy. Next night was the local place with cookie the monkey and the animals. When we drove up, my wife said she will stay in the car but when we pulled around the back and seen the nice tables set up inside, I said lets go look at the menu. We have friends coming over for the first time next week and he wants some local food. We thought we would try it and Kim had the best grouper she has ever had. She said it gave MJ a run for the money. I had snapper which was also great. We will go back next week. Last night we ate at Rumbas. Jenny the waiterouse was the best we had ever had. Claudet who works in the towel hut at SC said thats her daughter so we took her there and had a great time and I had a great rib-eye. Kim had chicken. We met Patrick and Anny from Canada here from this forum. They are going snorkling with us and seem to love it. I went on a tour with Windy the first morning to the hole in the wall. It was great and now I go to Mangel Halto every morning. We have 4 seadoo scooters I leave over here which really helps with the current. Things are great in Aruba and we will keep you posted. The beaches are great with no seaweed. There is also alot more sand on the beaches than there was in Feb. The swimming at the SC is getting much better. Not much muck anymore. The place seems very quiet but they say look out for next week. The 4th of July!!!!! I will keep you posted. Kent Gerber
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Kent, sounds like you're having a great time. WHere was it you ate your second nite, you didn't mention the name, but that you liked it. We need to some new restaurants to try so let us know. Continue to have a great time, cindy

What Kent forgot to tell you is that he is the best snorkeling guy in town! my wife and I were so lucky to have met him and Kim! Those people are just great and nice! You're missing something by not knowing them!

We will be at Dritwood tomorrow so i can add to that thread with a little report?

PS: Sorry Kent, i know you didnt think i was reading this but I just found out your post and had to add my point of view...

Aruba since 1979
    the place he was referring was NOS CONUCU a very cool barnyard-like dining experience.
    very inexpensive
    good goat stew and keshi yena
    good pan fried grouper and snapper
    beer is cheap ($2) last time we were there
    monkey is entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Kent, sounds like you're having a great time. WHere was it you ate your second nite, you didn't mention the name, but that you liked it. We need to some new restaurants to try so let us know. Continue to have a great time, cindy

Smile

Andrea, Thats alot for the name. I keep forgetting it.

Patrick, Thanks for all the nice things you said about Kim and I but I think your trying to be nice to me so I keep bringing you back from snorkling. If you say something bad about me, I might take you snorkling and then leave you there for fish food. Ha! Ha!

We just got back again from a snorkle trip with Patrick and Anny and they informed me that they want to go every morning the rest of the week. I am so delighted because they are such a nice couple and Its alot funner taking someone with you. Yesterday Patrick got a cramp in his leg and almost got washed into the fire coral. That was a close call. Today everything went great!!!!

Its funny because we are both staying at the Surf Club and they are in the room right above us. His wife Anny is very quiet but Patrick, o well I won't say any more. Right now I hear him scooting the kitchen chairs around. Patrick, hold it down up there!!! Ha! Ha! I love to tease him. They are both School teachers from Canada.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Annie and i had a good laugh!

ok, let's get serious and get ready for a full review of the Driftwood tomorrow!

Loving reading this thread! We'll be at the Surf Club on Sunday for a week and then movint to the Ocean Club for the next week!
    I think we may have to try Nos Conucu too!

Smile

We went to the Promonade tonight. WOW!!!! It was FABULOUS!!! All the appetizers you can eat for $32. They never made any money off of me. Patrick, I may need to put on a life vest tomorrow or I might SINK!!!!! I think I am going to have to use the powerfull scooter tomorrow!!! Kent

You went to two of our favorite restaurants in Aruba: Passions and Nos Cunucu! Both completely different but both very good!

Have a great time, Kent!
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 07-01-2008 at 11:40 PM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

On our side, Annie wanted to eat Mexican food so we went to Iguana Cantina and it was good. Lots of local while we were there. Nothing fancy. Annie had chicken taco salad (very good!) and i took the ultimate fajitas (good). Drinks were good (margarita and pink iguana) but we didnt like the sangria... Didnt taste like we used to drink. Anyway, if you're looking for a nice cheap mexican food place i think this is the place!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast