Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We are in Aruba now.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    keep the reports coming..........We can live thru you

Thanks Cindyo!

This morning Kent decided he had enough of me so he went with my wife snorkeling with the scooters while i was left all alone on the shores...LOL

I couldnt follow them because of my articulations at my fingers (real sore this morning) so i snorkeled around the shores and saw a squid and a sea snake! among all the living creatures in the area. They saw sea turtle and barracudas....

I think Kent is trying to find a way to post some pics about those snorkeling trip... I might have to help him a bit...

This afternoon, we go together at Oranjestad for some shopping and Dritwood in the evening!

Smile

Yea, Patricks wife Annie is like a fish. She told me this morning that she could stay out there all day. It was so calm this morning, we snorkled on the outside wreaf clear over to the shanny on the little Island. We saw a few schools of blue and purple tangs. Probably 3 or 400. Also a school of needle nose at the top. Probably 100 to 125 of them. We probably didn't need the scooters but on the way back, we felt the current starting to pick up so we were glad we had them. Thats why I go to Mangle Halto everyday. You never know when its going to be nice and calm. I'm going to take Patrick and Annie again tomorrow and then Tim and Dan which I met on a board is going to join me on the second trip. They just checked in to the SC Sunday and are a Father, Son and then the weekend the rest of the family comes for the second week. I took the Surf Club presentation at noon and the gal we talked to start talking about snorkling. She said she wants to go snorkling with me and so it looks like buisness is picking up. I might have to quit the lawncare buisness and start a snorkle and tour guide service in Aruba.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    We probably didn't need the scooters but on the way back, we felt the current starting to pick up so we were glad we had them. Thats why I go to Mangle Halto everyday. You never know when its going to be nice and calm.
    Can you rent the scooter there at the Marina across Spanish Lagoon? If so, how much.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Beach Boy View Post
    Can you rent the scooter there at the Marina across Spanish Lagoon? If so, how much.
    EBB, don't know about the marina, but you can rent them from JADS. Their website has:
    DPV (Underwater Scooter) $55
    http://www.jadsaruba.com/download/Jads_Beach_Store_dive_Prices_Q34_2008.pdf

We will be arriving at the Surf Club on July 9th for nine nights. Friends of ours will meet us on the 12th. Can't wait..

Smile

I bring my own scooters so I don't know where you can rent them.

We ate at Driftwood tonight with Patrick and Annie. The Mahi- Mahi was great and the King fish Arubian style was great. We had a great time.

Have to hit the sack because our snorkling tour starts at 7:15 in the morning. Hopefully the water will be as clear and calm as it was today.

Anyone have advice on putting pics on this thread. Patrick and Annie are going to try to post some. Thanks alot..
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    the key to great sangria is BRANDY and an excessive amount of fruit
    :-)
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuis1837 View Post
    On our side, Annie wanted to eat Mexican food so we went to Iguana Cantina and it was good. Lots of local while we were there. Nothing fancy. Annie had chicken taco salad (very good!) and i took the ultimate fajitas (good). Drinks were good (margarita and pink iguana) but we didnt like the sangria... Didnt taste like we used to drink. Anyway, if you're looking for a nice cheap mexican food place i think this is the place!

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    Anyone have advice on putting pics on this thread. Patrick and Annie are going to try to post some. Thanks alot..
    Three ways to post photos:
    • Post in the Gallery and then link to them in threads if you like
    • Use the "manage attachments" button below where you type your post, making sure you are within limits of width and height.
    • Link to the photo from another site on the internet using button directly above where you type your post.

Smile

Aruba Lisa, Thank you so much. I will get Patrick and Annie right on that. I don't know much about computers but they are a wiz when it comes to that. 2 teachers from Canada. I would hope that one of them can figure it out. Ok Patrick, I haven't picked on you yet today so I might as well start in. I know Annie can figure it out. Patrick on the other hand, I think I better keep my mouth shut!! Ha! Ha!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast