Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are back and it's so good:)

We are back and it's so good:)

Arriving after 10 and a half hours flight from Amsterdam. Very quick through customs and bagage was ready after ten minutes. 15 minutes later we were checked in at Bucuti.
    Cocktails and pizza at Pizza Bob's and now it Freixenet time(complimentary from Bucuti)
    It's good to be back

A good night's sleep and up for an hour's running on the beach, which is a lot smaller than last time we were here in July.
    Brekfast at the Tara wing at Bucuti. Great:-) started with a big hug from Marguerita who instantly recognized us - so nice. Afterwards we were picked up from the hotel by Amigo car rental, by the same girl as in July. We got upgrated to a bigger Toyota. Shopping by Superstore including good Belgian beer.
    Back to the Bucuti beach and we been there until now, give or take a break or two. Weather good, a light shower at 11 am but that was all.
    Service at Bucuti great as ever. I gave them a list of restaurant to reconfirm, when we got back from shopping an itinerary was ready in our room with details from the restaurants.

That's all for now. More to come

Just back from Paseo Herencia mall. We ate at HoshiSushi close by. Best Sushi in Aruba in my opinion. 4 great rolls and a good Riesling wine to compliment the rolls. Good service from the waiters.

Afterwards cake and coffee and Moka at the Paseo Mall. It was great especially the caramel Moka. We would like to have a beer at the Taste of Belgium, but they were shooting a commercial or an interview there so it wasn't possible. Fun to watch the crew at work.
    And I bought a shirt at Havana Nines - the place for shirts. Bought two last time we were here.

Now we are back at Bucuti - cocktail time

Monday
    Running on the beach watching a cruiseship on it's way into the harbour - nice.

Good breakfast and the lovely waitress Marguerita. It's simply not possible to be in a bad mood when she's around. We could all learn from her positive attitude.

4 hours on the beach, interrupted by swimming in the sea. It doesn't get any better. Well that's not exactly true, though. Add a couple of cocktails and it's true.

Chillin' in the room. Later we're going for dinner at Madame Jeanett's. Looking forward to it. Review to follow.

We drove to Oranjestad before we went to MJ. A little retail therapy and a trip to the harbour to se the monster cruise ship(Westerdam) we saw in the mornin' - impressive.

Then of to MJ. Was a bit tricky to find, but we got there 15 minutes late.

In general it was good. Prices were okay. Food was good. Waitress could have been more attentive.

My wife had the Surf&turf, I had Lamb Rack.
    Lamb rack was excellent, close to perfection. Surf&turf was good but a bit bland, could hav been better seasoned. Side order was good, when it arrived. We had to get another waiter to get my wifes side order. Our waiter forgot it.

Dessert was okay apple strudel for my wife, Swiss chokolate mousse for me with caramel.
    Apple strudel okay. Vanilla ice was super, the strudel okay.
    My dessert was good, but to big. I rather would have it a bit more refined. Other would disagree on the size of the portion, but in my opinion it was to big.
    We had a very good Paulliac to the meat. Expensive, but worth every penny.
    Enviroment/decor - a bit tacky IMHO.

All in all a good experience, we'll be back, but - I expected more. It might be a bit unfair, but after all the good reviews I expected more.

Drove back to
    Bucuti and now it's Belgian Trappist beer time

12 and a half years anniversary tomorrow!
    Last edited by tr-denmark; 01-19-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    Can't wait to come back

Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    enjoy and get plenty of sun and rest!

Enjoy your vacation!

Awesome! I can't wait to hear more
    Next Aruba trip in

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Ahhh, Bucuti! Have a wonderful wonderful time!

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    Velkommen hjem .
    Vi er her også nu, så hvis I har brug for hjælp eller har spørgsmål, så bare kontakt mig.
    Nyd det .

Carsten

P.S. Hvis I ikke har været på Zeerover i Savaneta, så er det en rigtig sjov og ægte Aruba oplevelse.

have a great vacation......love your avatar...!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Enjoy your vacation!
    We will
    And a thank you for all your good advice.
    Can't wait to come back

Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by cukiecutr View Post
    Awesome! I can't wait to hear more
    Thank you. I'll try to update it as we go along here.
    Can't wait to come back

Next Aruba trip in

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    enjoy and get plenty of sun and rest!
    We will
    THE best place for r&r for us.
    Can't wait to come back

Next Aruba trip in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast