Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We Have Arrived

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach

We Have Arrived

We arrived in sunny Aruba Thursday afternoon. Bully sent someone to pick us up, and what a wonderful sight it is to come through baggage claim and see someone holding a sign with your name on it. We arrived at Manchebo for two nights. The first thing we did was change from our jeans to our shorts, and head to the beach bar for brown ladies and a balashi. Then it was off to Pizza Bobs for that pizza that I've been dreaming of all year. It didn't disappoint. We spent both days just hanging out on the beach, reading and dozing. There was a very well endowed topless lady on the beach, so all of the guys around the resort were happy. This is definitely not a place to bring the kids. We had dinner at French Steakhouse, which was very good.
    On Saturday, we moved to Paradise Beach Villas. I am pleasantly surprised as to how nice it is here. I had heard mixed reviews, and didn't know what to expect. Last night, we ate at their new restaurant. I was still full from out late lunch, so I just had crab chowder. My husband said his salmon was excellent. Service was very good. I hope they do well in this location.
    Tomorrow night is dinner at Passions for Valentine's Day. Bully is picking us up Tuesday for an island tour.
    So far, the weather has been very good, with a few passing showers, but not heavy enough to run us off the beach. The mosquitoes were out tonight when we were grilling. Bring your bug spray. I'll write more in a few days. What a wonderful place to be this time of year!!
    Oh, and to all of you who offered suggestions for my sinus issues before I left, just wanted to let you know that it cleared up once I got to the island. We've decided that I must be allergic to home. I think I should get my dr. to write a script that I need to stay here every winter. Think I can get my insurance to go along with that??

Sorry, I know my post was off topic. I was trying to post it in a new thread. Andrea or Lisa, maybe you can move it for me? Thanks
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-13-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    We arrived in sunny Aruba Thursday afternoon.
    I am very jealous!

Tomorrow night is dinner at Passions for Valentine's Day. Bully is picking us up Tuesday for an island tour.
    I am horribly jealous.

So far, the weather has been very good, with a few passing showers, but not heavy enough to run us off the beach. The mosquitoes were out tonight when we were grilling. Bring your bug spray. I'll write more in a few days. What a wonderful place to be this time of year!!
    Except for the mossies I am even more jealous.

We've decided that I must be allergic to home.
    I have always sworn it was the humidity that was a God send besides just being in paradise.

I am so hungry for Aruba - I loved every single word. Great report of your trip so far. 20 days 20 days 20 days 20 days. Uh oh, I'm in countdown. Sorry, I got carried away.

Hi Hatteras, I am glad you like the Paradise Villas. We stayed there a few years ago, and really liked it there. As we will be staying at La Cabana this summer, I was wondering if you could give me a little more information on the new restaurant there. Thanks, a1patti

Hatteras, I hear what your saying while I was there last week, not an ache or a pain in any bone in my body....wonder if it would work....that would be nice .

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

I hope you enjoyed the beautiful sunset this evening.

Please drink a Brown Lady for me. LOVE THOSE!!!!
    71 days until I can drink my own at the Divi...

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by Divi chic View Post
    Please drink a Brown Lady for me. LOVE THOSE!!!!
    71 days until I can drink my own at the Divi...
    Shame on me, I still haven't tried one! (can't seem to get away from those Yellow Birds!!!) What's in it?

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Hi everyone, sorry I haven't updated in a few days, but you know how it is down here in paradise. We have only been in the room long enough to eat and sleep. Our dinner at Passions on Valentine's Day was a magical evening. There's nothing that beats dining with your toes in the sand under the stars, while watching an incredible sunset and the spectacular Aruba shore line. The weather that night was perfect.
    Yesterday, we went on a terrific tour with Bully. He asked us what we had seen in the past, and took us on an adventure. We explored and climbed our way through the island. Bully knows just where to stop for the perfect photo, and often took pictures for us along the way. He also took us to Bright Bakery for some wonderful pastiches. Our tour with Bully was by far the best tour we have ever been on in all of our travels. If you haven't had the chance to see the island with Bully, I highly recommend it.
    a1Patti, the new restaurant at PBV is called Carambola. They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They serve the usual fare of steak and seafood. The service was very good. I would definitely eat there again.
    Windy - brown lady - kahlua, baileys, vodka, creme of coconut, and the special island ingredient-ponche crema (I'm not sure how to spell that). I make them at home, but without the ponche crema. We might by some to take home with us.
    We spent part of the day downtown today. There were many cruisers in port. We are avid cruisers ourselves but never enjoy any of the other islands as much as we do Aruba. I always feel kind of sorry for the cruisers who just walk around downtown instead of exploring and experiencing this fascinating island.
    Last edited by hatteras; 02-16-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for finding the time to post!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast