Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: We made it! 12-23 May!

OK, another day gone. Pretty casual today too. Pastechis for breakfast from the little shop by the grocery store behind the mall made for a good $3 meal to start the day. We had lunch on the private island and made it back for happy hour at Blue. We had dinner at LG Smiths which we have never done in all our trips, but on recommendations of our niece we tried it out. It was excellent. We have our car pick up from Amigo tomorrow AM, and a sunset cruise booked out of the Hyatt pier. Then we plan to try to get to the Marriott sports bar to see the NCAA lacrosse first Syracuse play-off game at 7:30 pm. Monday we have a couples massage at Tierra del Sol and dinner reservations at Madame Janette's.
    If you put some html here, you could create a countdown ticker, but we don't care, we're going in May 2018! Yay!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Have a fun trip! Glad you loved LG Smith's one of my favorites, yum, yum...

Not sure where he was from, but was male, probably in his 30s. I gave him a buck, then he came back in 15 minutes wanting more. I didn't give him more.
    If you put some html here, you could create a countdown ticker, but we don't care, we're going in May 2018! Yay!

Wow he came back for more. Maybe for drugs. The taxi driver who drove me to the airport on last trip told me there was a rising drug problem like in a lot of islands. Her son was in a rehab facility in Holland and it was his 3 time.

I am sat here counting down the days , but enjoying your trip.Enjoy your sunset cruise .Have a lovely time
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

Mmmm enjoy MJ's tonight
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

The couples massage at Tierra del Sol yesterday was wonderful. What a beautiful property to hang out at. Before we left for dinner at MJs, we had a drink at the outdoor bar by the pool. The bartender (who said he had worked at Tierra del Sol since the 1st year we visited there in 2004) gave us very animated directions on getting there by the back roads. He gave us multiple options, each more complicated and more animated, on the fastest way to get there. We took the main road. The food was great at MJs. The white asparagus soup and the filet were the best of each we have ever had. We were not too keen on the photographer who roamed around offering $7 pictures, but she was very polite when we said we weren't interested. There was no hassle and not really a complaint, it just seems out of place for a nice restaurant. Time to get a couple of pastechis before the trip down to Club Arias and snorkeling with ArubaBob.

Oh, that picture taking thing is new. I would find that annoying. The thing I miss most about not being in Aruba in May is the white asparagus festival at MJ.

MMmmmm white asparagus soup sounds amazing!

We had a table picture done at MJ's years ago. I think that was the one & only time we saw a roaming photog there. I guess it's just an occasional thing.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    that same lady has been taking pictures there for years.
    way back late 1990s early 2000s she was at the old conucu house taking photos.
    i know it is her livelihood, buti find it annoying and uncomfortable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast