Aruba Beach

Thread: We were back and it was so good(PT. 3)

We were back and it was so good(PT. 3)

Thursday
    Running on the beach watching a cruiseship on it's way into the harbour - nice.[groundhog day - again, again]

Beach life - again
    In the evening we walked to restaurant Windows on Aruba on the Divi Resort. It was our first time there and it was a good experience.

Very stylish restaurant with a beautiful view over the golf Course. Very service good service from hostess&waiter. We got to talk with them on going to Aruba and how many times we been there and so on. When they heard we had had our anniversary two days before, they immediately brought two complimentary glasses of Champagne

We had Shrimp and scallop and Tenderloin and port. Both dishes where very good prepared and very well balanced. Good wine, from an extensive wine list, complemented the entrees.

Desserts were Baileys and mint + Pistachio and hazelnut – very good too.
    Dinner music (Classical Guitar, played by Ivan Jansen) completed the best dinner experience we had this time on Aruba. We’ll be back at Windows! – and they know how to set their aircon

Friday
    Running on the beach, no cruiseship this morning!
    A
    fter breakfast we drove to Sereo Colorado and had a beautiful walk on the rocks at the South Coast.

Lunch what at Charlie’s Bar in San Nicolas. We were warned about this being a tourist trap. I had Tenderloin and my wife had Shrimps. Tenderloin was very average, at best, but the Shrimps was actually quite good. It may be a tourist trap but we found the place okay and the mood was good there.

On the way home we tried to find the Zeerover, but didn’t find it. We went to the beach in the afternoon.
    For dinner we drove to Sushi Ay, at the harbor mall. We had 4 different rolls. Good, but not as good as it were at Hoshi Sushi. Nice place we a look at the harbor and good service.

Thereafter we drove the Paseo Mall again. I had regretted that I didn’t buy a particular shirt at Havana Nines. When we arrived the traffic and parking was one big chaos!!! We managed to park(not quite as the layout prescribed, though) and we were instantly recognized in the shop(third shirt I bought there, this time). A quick return to Bucuti&cocktails.

Saturday
    No running for me this day(hurt my foot on a small rock the day before)

Breakfast and beach life. Checking out at noon.
    Lunch at Pizza Bob’s and return to the beach until 3 pm, where Bucuti had a hospitality room for us, for half an hour. Nice to get a shower before you leave for the airport.

Hassle free return of the car at Amigo. And then the airport. Very quick check-in and then a couple of hours wait. Flight home was uneventful(20 hours, including 5 hours in transit and 2 hours drive – but it is worth it when you go to Aruba and the Bucuti)
    Picked up a Billund Airport by our son and at home a 50 kilos Great Dane was very happy to see us all three

It was a great holiday. Our first time in the winter and it was a big contrast from freezing Denmark and to warm Bucuti.

Highlights: Hotel Bucuti and their wonderful staff, the beach, weather, Arubans in general, restaurants in general and Windows on Aruba in specific.

Lows: none really. Maybe an expectation that was set to high(Madame Janett’s) but no real lows.

We’ll be back
    Can't wait to come back

Next Aruba trip in

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. We all need warm thoughts at this point. Also, very happy that you have discovered Windows on Aruba. Definitely an undiscovered gem among Aruba's fine dining restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Thank you for sharing your trip with us. We all need warm thoughts at this point. Also, very happy that you have discovered Windows on Aruba. Definitely an undiscovered gem among Aruba's fine dining restaurants.
    It was a real good experience and it'll be the first restaurant I make reservations to, next time in Aruba.
    Can't wait to come back

Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    welcome home and tomorrow will be your time to plan the next aruba adventure.

glad you had a good time.

Already on my mind, but it'll probably be July 2012 before we go again
    Can't wait to come back

Next Aruba trip in