Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well we are here.... daily updated trip update!

Ah Johnnyecks, can't you stay until we arrive March 14 to drink with!!?? Sorry about the downtown experience, we always go to town for lunch at Iguana Joes may not be the best food but we like the drinks and location especially when the cruise ships come in we've met some nice people. Have a great rest of your vacation save some drinks for us!!! The winter storm is supposed to hit tomorrow afternoon thru Friday 12-16 inches. We're in Syracuse NY. Can't wait to shovel.... Think of us...

Simply Fish, Azzuro's, Madame Janettes, Holiday Inn Sunspree, Smokey Joes, Texas De Brazil, Moomba Bar, "Elvis" the cab driver, and the entertainer "Giovanni".
    Dannyo,

I can't respond to your private message, it says that you don't have it authorized to accept private messages... so here is my reply to your message... please email me at johnnyecks@yahoo.com

I tried to send you our prices and phone numbers, but out of trying to be semi-anonoymous I left them out of this message.....

Here is the abridged version of my reply.....

Dannyo,

I live right Bergen County. We just moved there a year ago, so I'm still kinda not sure what the right price to charge will be. But I'll give you our rate including gratuity. The only thing I ask is to recommend us!!!! Our prices will probably raise since I am still in the process of figuring out what is fair and what isn't, but since you're on here I'd gladly give you the lower rate incunclisively! (sp).

You can find info on us at www.lakelandlimousine.org We are a family run business, and have been doing this for 10 years already

Thanks again,
    John
    Last edited by Johnnyecks; 02-24-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Simply Fish, Azzuro's, Madame Janettes, Holiday Inn Sunspree, Smokey Joes, Texas De Brazil, Moomba Bar, "Elvis" the cab driver, and the entertainer "Giovanni".
    Candy,

Oh man I would LOVE to stay longer. I would love to stay forever. Just to get out of having to shovel that S**t. We saw Iguana Joes and it was busier than Senoir Frogs. Probably because it is not off the back scarey drug-lord alley way.....

LOL.

Tonight we had a really nice day. We woke up early to have breakfast and to drive our one friend to the airport. She had to leave early for school. So we stopped at the supermarket to pick up sausage peppers and onions for dinner (which we just ate..MMMM). We just hung out at the pool and drank A LOT of Amstel Brights. I, finally, started to get some sun (I'm "powder" by the way), so it's nice to see that I am little darker than flour finally.

Nothing much to report today, just a nice relaxed day. We will probably watch the stand up DVD of Artie Lang (from the Howard Stern Show) or some other movie or something. But more than likely will just float in the pool listening to the iPods.

Report in tomorrow!!!!

More updates to come!

Thanks for the updates!! Lot's of good info. and good advice

Man, I am so hating right now. Wishing I was there. But it sounds like you are having so much fun. Loving the updates

Thanks for sharing
    Kisha

Aruba trip in

Johnnyecks keep drinking and laying in the sun as the snow has started here.. Can't wait to wake up to 12-16 inches of the crap... keep the reports coming. Some one on this board had a person approach her on Palm Beach around 8 at night I believe it was a few months ago and ask her if she wanted to buy an eight ball. So I guess the drug stuff is spreading. Hopefully the police will get it under control and let it all happen in the dark alley ways and leave the tourists alone.... Party on .....

I personally have always stayed away from the 'senior frog' area
    since I lived here. That has always been a trouble spot.
    Plus that new building by the port with the condos went
    under and it's just not a great place to be.

There have always been drugs in that area. Where you find
    'major partiers' drinking, the drugs come hand in hand.

If you are young and carefree, I think you don't see it
    as someone older and having a little more 'experience'
    under their belts.

The rest of town is fine, but if I have to be in that part
    of town, I walk a little faster.

Aruba since 1979
    great post

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    I personally have always stayed away from the 'senior frog' area
    since I lived here. That has always been a trouble spot.
    Plus that new building by the port with the condos went
    under and it's just not a great place to be.

There have always been drugs in that area. Where you find
    'major partiers' drinking, the drugs come hand in hand.

If you are young and carefree, I think you don't see it
    as someone older and having a little more 'experience'
    under their belts.

The rest of town is fine, but if I have to be in that part
    of town, I walk a little faster.

Day 6, 7? I'm starting to loose count! Hahahh....

Today, as yesterday, was a very lazy day here. We just hung around, watched the news about the snow (2+ feet in Northern NJ....yay), and the sad report about "Boner" from Growing Pains. We just kinda lazied around the house, had a light lunch and hung by the pool. It was really hot and muggy today, and I noticed that the bugs started to come out. Maybe a storm is on it's way?

Tonight after a grill-cooked steak, I went out to the pool and swam alone while listening to some relaxing music on the iPod. I have been noticing a "ring" or two around the moon at night. From some research, they say thats the Winter Solstice Moon. But that marks, usually, the beginning of Winter. So kinda strange to see that now at the tail end of winter.

Tomorrow we are thinking about hitting the Divi Phoenix beach for a little while, rent a waverunner or two. We do have to hit MJ's one more time to pick up some pictures that were taken of us on our last visit.

I would like to try to find the restaurant near the lighthouse that serves Lobster Bisque soup in a bread bowl, but I am having a hard time finding it. We are also talking about having dinner Friday night at El Gauchos. What can you tell me about that place? I have heard a little mixed reviews about it.

Update: I just got off the phone with my Dad in West Milford, the snow is up to his waist in the driveway (stupid plow won't come until the snow stops). UP TO HIS WAIST!!!!!!!!!!

Well, it's time for a nightcap and a little "AFV" before sleepyville.

Talk to you soon friends!

johnny---i am out by the gap and we have three feet and 24 hours still to go!!! farm animals are lovin it...me not so much!!! lol

we went to el gauchos and loved it. the steaks were great. hubby who is a real "pita" loved the chimichuri sauce there. that was back in july. we plan on going again this year...enjoy!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast