Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Well we are here.... daily updated trip update!

Glad your having a great time...loving the reports.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

I too am loving the reports.

Tell us more. . . .

Simply Fish, Azzuro's, Madame Janettes, Holiday Inn Sunspree, Smokey Joes, Texas De Brazil, Moomba Bar, "Elvis" the cab driver, and the entertainer "Giovanni".
    Well we've made our reservations for El Gaucho's, and even have Bully coming to pick us up. All on your recommendations!!!!!

We're sitting by the pool trying to finish our booze. Hahahh....

I'll post later!

Well its PM and its still snowing in Paramus you are so lucky to be laying by the pool.....I was outside in a foot and a half of snow.Got you pm I will get in touch with you in October for our trip to Aruba.Will pass the word to friends that need limo service.Enjoy the rest of your vacation..

Have fun! We just got back from 2 wonderful weeks at the Surf and I already want to go back! If you like sushi try Sushi by Nobushi at the new mall it's wonderful.

We have not been to Aruba since 2008 - tell me about the new mall by the Surf Club - does it have a grocery store? Nice places to eat??

Thanks!

Thanks for the insight. This is my first trip to Aruba and I want to be safe. Where are the other shops other than downtown? My husband is hard to change his mind. We have always gone to Bermuda and I have twisted his arm to go to Aruba because it is just as safe as Bermuda. I just don't want this trip to be our first and last trip to aruba.
    Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Simply Fish, Azzuro's, Madame Janettes, Holiday Inn Sunspree, Smokey Joes, Texas De Brazil, Moomba Bar, "Elvis" the cab driver, and the entertainer "Giovanni".
    Ok, just got back from dinner. We just had the best night in Aruba!!!

Let me address some questions....

Danyo: Yeah, let me know whenever you can. We only have two cars, so we do book up quite quick, but I will do my best to squeeze you in there. We are family run, so you will be treated like a friend.

Zeke: I like Sushi, but my wife doesn't, so we probably won't go there but thanks for the info!

Wilde: We didn't come here in '09, but we stayed at the Holiday Inn in '08 so we watched the mall get built. There aren't TOO many new restaurants in that area from last time. The one that sticks out is a seafood place called "Moby Dicks". It was quite crowded, but we glanced at the menu and saw that it was a little pricey $45 for a lobster trail?!?! There was also a new bar that was all lit-up and quite pumping the other night, I cannot remember the name though. There is no grocery store there, but there is a little mini-mart that had maybe the basic essentials but that was about it.

Ireal: Continue reading my report from later because I remark on the safety of the island. If you have read my entire report you will remember reading about our experience in downtown near Senoir Frogs, you will want to continue reading because what I was told today made me feel really good. Aruba is WAY safer than Bermuda.

Onto tonight:

So we finally were able to call "Bully" the taxi guy, he picked us up and we were on our way to El Gauchos. We had a really nice talk on the way there, he was super friendly and made us feel very comfortable. Nice clean van, easy to understand, and funny. He took us a little bit of the "back way" it seems cause he pointed out where he lives, and also some cool looking Dutch bar that was quite crowded.

We finally arrived at El Gaucho. It wasn't too crowded, I was happy because we were a little late for our reservations. Not to go into too much detail, but we got the pitcher of Sangira (MUCH more reasonably priced than Texas de Brazil's for $44) for $27. I got the Iceberg Wedge salad, $9, Michele got the Shrimp Scampi, and I got the Gaucho Steak. We each got a dessert. The whole bill, in $, was $140. We were SO pleased with that. The quality of the meat was SO much better than Texas de Brazil, which was way overpriced, we probably won't be going back there again, and the food was not as heavy and rich as MJ's.

Afterwards we popped into the little bar across the street, which some of you recommened as did Bully, and we each had a martini (Chocolate, and "Absinthe Minded Martini"). The bartendar was funny as anything when he served me my flaming martini, yes it was on fire, and he made the sign of the cross and said "see you tomorrow". Hahaha. I have had Absinthe before so I knew what I was in for.

I picked out a nice $20 cigar for later, and the doorman was nice enough to call Bully for me (he had the number already), and ten minutes later we were back in the car headed home.

He enjoyed ourselves so much that we are going to probably go back to the bar again tomorrow night.

On the ride home I asked Bully about what happened to us downtown the other day and he said that that is a rarity. The problem was the goverment owned house to "house and help" these people, closed down and shipped people over to D.R. Some stayed behind. And those that stayed behind will approach people, but THEY WILL NOT BOTHER YOU. I mentioned that we fealt like we were being followed, but he said they were just going from person to person, to not feel threatened by them. No one means any harm here, and Aruba is STILL the safest Island. And this is from a man who was born and raised here.

We only have a few days left, and I do not want to go home. But why am I spending my time on the internet! I better get in the pool!

I got 3+ feet of snow to come back to. Better enjoy this while I can.

Peace out friends. Thanks for the recommendations tonight, and I'll pop on in tomorrow!

so glad to read you both are having such a good time, what was the name of that bar across from el gaucho ? how much better can it get, a flaming martini and cigar to end a evening . Enjoy and keep posting if you can, so enjoy the read. R u trying Simply Fish this year ?

Thanks so much for the postings; I do feel better now.. I was getting frightened. I would love to try that bar let me know if you think of the name.
    You have been great and gety off the internet and have fun in the sun!!

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast