Aruba Beach

Thread: We're home...14 days of sun!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

We're home...14 days of sun!

Hi folks, got home last nite at around midnight. Still sorting things out if you know what I mean. 9 suitcases are open in the middle of my kitchen, dirty damp laundry everywhere, and probably 20 loads ahead of me...YIKES....I refuse to do laundry on vacation, so this is payback time.
    I will post most of this week and will download some pictures in the gallery. Got to meet Andrea ( moderator) and her husband Paul 2 days ago. They were kind enough to come down to the Ren.suites to meet Rob, my girls and me. Will post those pics too soon.
    Vacation went by fast. We renewed our vows and that was probably the most memorable event of the week. Our family numbered 27 the first week(15) and 20 the second week( wk 16). We did 2 palm pleasure cruises, one sunset the first week, and the snorkle with the kids the second week. I think I broke my toe on the snorkle cruise because i got my foot caught in the rope as I went down the ramp, and its now swolen and black and blue. Ah, but the event was fun, and I take care of this foot sometime today at the urgent care.
    The strike now over, thank goodness. I didn't want to post to much about it and scare people, but we were faced with it on a daily basis. The parliament was across the street between the 2 Renniassance's. The people were gathered around the building, blocking streets, and on Thursday, a helicopter circled the hotel from 1 till 6 ish. It was that nite that the strike got resolved. Those down the high rises, and not downtown did not see what we saw. We were fearfull on what was happening, but all in the morning of our departure was fine.
    Another great find was Bully the cab driver. Lisa pointed us in his direction, and he was prompt, and helpful. We will certainly use him again.
    As the week goes on and I think of things to post I will...cindyo

renaissance private island, iguana joe's, madame janettes..
    glad you guys had a great time..any new things done at either ren property..when we were there in february the ren marina lobby and blue area had new furniture and they were starting to make the upstairs weight room into the spa..what restaurants did you hit in town and how were they..glad you had a great time and look forward to your responses..
    scott and tricia

Welcome home!

Looking forward to the photos and can surely say I am with you on that "no laundry on vacation" thing. That is too much like work, and then would not feel like a vacation. The clothes are not going anywhere and will wait for you to get that toe looked at.

Speaking from experience of a broken toe never looked at and then 2 surgeries, a pin and a permenent wire in the bone...a surgical shoe for a year...have it taken care of NOW.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hey scott and tricia...lets see whats new at the Ren....timeshare meeting Brian said they were looking at finishing the balconey doors in the next 2 yrs, bbque grills on the beach had insurance issues, new TV's perhaps in the suites, anyway, they are looking at flat screen, lights over tables in suites, weight room done at marina. The mall is way to upscale for me, I don't think I will ever buy anything at David Yurman, Fendi, etc...The restuarants we hit downtown were; Gambero Russo, Paddock for rib nite, El Guacho, new Casa Tua, Aquarius brunch, Rumba, the villa, The plaza,and Burger King, Dunks, and I think that was it. New to us this year was CHallet Swiss, and that was wonderful, private room for 20..nice !

Love your reports guys...looking forward to the pictures!!!!