Aruba Beach

Thread: Where I Ate On My Winter Vacation

Where I Ate On My Winter Vacation

Just got back from our thirteenth yearly visit to Aruba. We spent the past two weeks in our timeshare at the Paradise Beach Villas. The second week, our daughter and son-in-law were there with two of our grandchildren (18 and 8 years old) as well.

This was a low-key year as we didnít eat out a great deal. Thanks to those of you who contributed restaurant reviews and information. We had some good meals as a result.

Our first dining experience was at The Kitchen. The Appetizers and entrees were good. The presentations were different. You just donít expect to get escargot in a bread bowl.

We went to Chalet Suisse with our friends. Unfortunately, the lobster bisque was not on the menu that night. I had the crab meat stuffed avocado, which was great. My wife had a crab cake she really enjoyed. My duck was a disappointment. The others really enjoyed their entrees of Shrimp, Steak and Sea Bass.

The cream of the crop this year was Anna Mariaís. I had posted that experience here: anna maria.

Our last meal out was at the new Cubaís Cooking. We really like the new location much better. After 7:00 there is entertainment to go with the great food. The whole family went together. For appetizers we had: Garlic Pork Bites, ceviche and plantain chips with dipping sauce. If you go there, you have to try the GPBs, they are out of this world. Three of us adults had the stuffed, slow-roasted pork with plantains, black beans and rice, which was delicious. My wife and the older grandchild had a shrimp dish they liked.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for posting!!
    i too love the KITCHEN!!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Just got back from our thirteenth yearly visit to Aruba. We spent the past two weeks in our timeshare at the Paradise Beach Villas. The second week, our daughter and son-in-law were there with two of our grandchildren (18 and 8 years old) as well.

This was a low-key year as we didnít eat out a great deal. Thanks to those of you who contributed restaurant reviews and information. We had some good meals as a result.

Our first dining experience was at The Kitchen. The Appetizers and entrees were good. The presentations were different. You just donít expect to get escargot in a bread bowl.

We went to Chalet Suisse with our friends. Unfortunately, the lobster bisque was not on the menu that night. I had the crab meat stuffed avocado, which was great. My wife had a crab cake she really enjoyed. My duck was a disappointment. The others really enjoyed their entrees of Shrimp, Steak and Sea Bass.

The cream of the crop this year was Anna Mariaís. I had posted that experience here: anna maria.

Our last meal out was at the new Cubaís Cooking. We really like the new location much better. After 7:00 there is entertainment to go with the great food. The whole family went together. For appetizers we had: Garlic Pork Bites, ceviche and plantain chips with dipping sauce. If you go there, you have to try the GPBs, they are out of this world. Three of us adults had the stuffed, slow-roasted pork with plantains, black beans and rice, which was delicious. My wife and the older grandchild had a shrimp dish they liked.