Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Aruba

Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Baby Beach

Why Aruba

In 1989 one of the best years of my life, my friend invited me to join him on a 4 nigh 5 day trip to Aruba. At that time I did not know much about Aruba besides it was somewere next to the equator and close to Venezuela.
    So in May we head out to Aruba 2 couples looking for a few days of relaxation on an Island that we did not know much about. Our day started early with a departure on time out of Boston on American Airlines with a stop in San Juan. One and a half hours in to the trip our pilot informed us that we had to return to Boston due to a problem with the stabilizing the plane. We return and within one hour are headed back out to San Juan, little did we know that we would only get to Aruba at 11 pm and not 2 pm have to spend 6 hours at San Juan airport waiting for the next available flight to Aruba.
    After finally arriving and taking the bus that did the transfers and stopping at every Hotel on the way till we finally arrived at the Holiday Inn, last stop in 1989, we finally got to our rooms and need to have a good meal. Not much to choose at that time so we ate what was available and crashed for the evening. Wonderful we missed 1/2 a day of a so called 5 day trip, which is more like 3 full days.
    Our mutual friends were on the Island and we finally called the next morning and said were here, after some conviencing they came to meet us from the Dutch Village and spent the day with us. Being that this was the second trip for them they knew some of the sites to visit and see, so the next morning we head out to Baby Beach, but on the way we stop at so called supermarket back then, which was more like a warehouse (Certified) and picked up some food and beverages for the day. After spending time a Baby Beach the next stop was a must, Charlies Bar! Wow what an experience it was having a nice cold beer and some famous Charlies Shrimp.
    That evening after a great dinner, we felt our bodies burning and had no idea that we had a huge sunburn. Not an easy sleep that evening but the next day was our last day and we had to do some shopping and visit downtown. Starting bright and early after a grea buffet breakfast we head downtow, the ladies did the shopping and the men just wondered. During this time we got invited to visit a timeshare and if we did we would get some gifts and dinner for 2. We rushed back get picked up by taxi get taken to an empty lot with a Model Unit and get sold on buying 1 week of timeshare for life below $5000.00
    I would like to meet that person so I can thank them for inviting us to attend the presentation at what would be Paradise Beach Villas.
    For the next 15 visits we stayed at our home away from home PBV and have NOT regreted ever buyiing such. Our children went with us on our second visit and learned how to swim in Aruba, now they are Adults and continue to go with us and love the Island as much as we do.
    What keeps bringing us back is the wonderful fiendly people that welcome you starting at the airport, to the great weather, beaches and food. We have brought so many of our Friends and family to visit and they all fall in love like we have.
    We have missed a few times due to pesonal reasons and this year due to hard economic times but always look foward to returning to Paradise and maybe some day be able to spend the winter months in Aruba. We have seen change, some good some too rapid but Aruba is still our number one Vacation Spot so much so that our car's registration plate is Aruba 7, some call me the ambassador to Aruba because all I do is talk about it.
    God bless Aruba, and GOd Bless the USA! Cant wait for the next trip to see our Aruba Family at PBV. Bon Bini

Why Aruba

In 1989 one of the best years of my life, my friend invited me to join him on a 4 nigh 5 day trip to Aruba. At that time I did not know much about Aruba besides it was somewere next to the equator and close to Venezuela.
    So in May we head out to Aruba 2 couples looking for a few days of relaxation on an Island that we did not know much about. Our day started early with a departure on time out of Boston on American Airlines with a stop in San Juan. One and a half hours in to the trip our pilot informed us that we had to return to Boston due to a problem with the stabilizing the plane. We return and within one hour are headed back out to San Juan, little did we know that we would only get to Aruba at 11 pm and not 2 pm have to spend 6 hours at San Juan airport waiting for the next available flight to Aruba.
    After finally arriving and taking the bus that did the transfers and stopping at every Hotel on the way till we finally arrived at the Holiday Inn, last stop in 1989, we finally got to our rooms and need to have a good meal. Not much to choose at that time so we ate what was available and crashed for the evening. Wonderful we missed 1/2 a day of a so called 5 day trip, which is more like 3 full days.
    Our mutual friends were on the Island and we finally called the next morning and said were here, after some conviencing they came to meet us from the Dutch Village and spent the day with us. Being that this was the second trip for them they knew some of the sites to visit and see, so the next morning we head out to Baby Beach, but on the way we stop at so called supermarket back then, which was more like a warehouse (Certified) and picked up some food and beverages for the day. After spending time a Baby Beach the next stop was a must, Charlies Bar! Wow what an experience it was having a nice cold beer and some famous Charlies Shrimp.
    That evening after a great dinner, we felt our bodies burning and had no idea that we had a huge sunburn. Not an easy sleep that evening but the next day was our last day and we had to do some shopping and visit downtown. Starting bright and early after a grea buffet breakfast we head downtow, the ladies did the shopping and the men just wondered. During this time we got invited to visit a timeshare and if we did we would get some gifts and dinner for 2. We rushed back get picked up by taxi get taken to an empty lot with a Model Unit and get sold on buying 1 week of timeshare for life below $5000.00
    I would like to meet that person so I can thank them for inviting us to attend the presentation at what would be Paradise Beach Villas.
    For the next 15 visits we stayed at our home away from home PBV and have NOT regreted ever buyiing such. Our children went with us on our second visit and learned how to swim in Aruba, now they are Adults and continue to go with us and love the Island as much as we do.
    What keeps bringing us back is the wonderful fiendly people that welcome you starting at the airport, to the great weather, beaches and food. We have brought so many of our Friends and family to visit and they all fall in love like we have.
    We have missed a few times due to pesonal reasons and this year due to hard economic times but always look foward to returning to Paradise and maybe some day be able to spend the winter months in Aruba. We have seen change, some good some too rapid but Aruba is still our number one Vacation Spot so much so that our car's registration plate is Aruba 7, some call me the ambassador to Aruba because all I do is talk about it.
    God bless Aruba, and GOd Bless the USA! Cant wait for the next trip to see our Aruba Family at PBV. Bon Bini

what a nice story!!! Thanks for sharing. Aruba is our number one vacation spot too!!!

what a nice story!!! Thanks for sharing. Aruba is our number one vacation spot too!!!

Great story....funny, I am always being accused of being obsessed with Aruba....I just figure if that's all people can c/o about me then so be it !
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Great story....funny, I am always being accused of being obsessed with Aruba....I just figure if that's all people can c/o about me then so be it !
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

People that don't go to Aruba just don't understand us.You said it all.

People that don't go to Aruba just don't understand us.You said it all.

Thanks glad you all enjoyed it ....its true you have to visit to understand what we feel.
    I got to write the story about my son when he was 12 and we were on vacation in Aruba, what he said to me I will never forget.

Thanks glad you all enjoyed it ....its true you have to visit to understand what we feel.
    I got to write the story about my son when he was 12 and we were on vacation in Aruba, what he said to me I will never forget.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast