Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Withdrawals

Aruba since 1979

Withdrawals

Help....PLEASE

We need to see some Aruba Stories.

The withdrawals are painful.

You will need to wait 17 more days for my next rendition of live in Aruba, I am struggling to wait that long myself, lol.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

I am with you Andrea... withdrawals are horrible.

11 more days! I can't even focus on Aruba yet - still in baseball craziness! Haven't booked a car yet, just got the dog sitters situated this morning. Younger son's championship game is tonight - the other has playoff tomorrow morning & then championship on Monday. then younger son has football practice/equipment pick up on Monday. Come Tuesday we will finally be able to focus on Aruba!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I am terribly late with my trip report and photos. We got back at the end of May and just hit summer activities full swing - have just been extremely busy having fun and enjoying the summer festivals, concerts (Adele was fantastic!), lakes, etc. But I do have my draft written and just have to pick out about 50 or so (LOL!) good photos and I'm done.....finally! Then I can concentrate on our other upcoming trips this fall. Probably won't be back to Aruba again until either New Years Eve or next April since we have other destinations booked (love Aruba but we're hooked on seeing/experiencing new places.)
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 07-22-2016 at 12:37 PM.
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016
    Seattle - Dec. 2016
    34th trip to Aruba - Feb/March 2017

New Years is my absolute favorite time to be in Aruba. The only probably its crazy expensive. The other problem for us this year is my wife is out of vacation time so its not going to be possible regardless of finances. Looking forward to reading your report.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I am terribly late with my trip report and photos. We got back at the end of May and just hit summer activities full swing - have just been extremely busy having fun and enjoying the summer festivals, concerts (Adele was fantastic!), lakes, etc. But I do have my draft written and just have to pick out about 50 or so (LOL!) good photos and I'm done.....finally! Then I can concentrate on our other upcoming trips this fall. Probably won't be back to Aruba again until either New Years Eve or next April since we have other destinations booked (love Aruba but we're hooked on seeing/experiencing new places.)

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    New Years is my absolute favorite time to be in Aruba. The only probably its crazy expensive. The other problem for us this year is my wife is out of vacation time so its not going to be possible regardless of finances. Looking forward to reading your report.
    That's why we're debating NYE, too. Love it on the island at that time and airfare is not too bad but it's the hotel rates that kill ya - which also means we can't stay as long (probably only 7-8 days versus our usual 12+ days.) It's still on the table but....we'll see. With Europe airfare so low right now we're thinking about going to Dublin for their St. Patrick's Day celebration. If we book that, then Aruba will definitely have to wait until late April.
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016
    Seattle - Dec. 2016
    34th trip to Aruba - Feb/March 2017

I am actually shocked that air for Xmas and NYE is reasonable this year- I am hoping Jet Blue does something magical with their Feb pricing, like cut it in half!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Aruba is still a few months away for us, but I'm passiing my time here on the forum and lurking on other Aruba sites. I just booked a cruise with Celebrity for Sept. 2017 that stops in Aruba from 11:00 - 11:00. My only criteria was that it had to stop in Aruba. If anyone is looking for a cruise, Celebrity is pulling Equinox out of Europe and is sailing the Caribbean all of next year. There are many that stop in Aruba. They need to fill the cabins and are offering reduced rates and free perks. We got a great rate with all of the perks (paid gratuities, free premium drink package, free internet and $300. onboard credit). It is sailing out of Miami. It looks like we will get two visits to Aruba in 2017!

Forty-Five Days and counting. Figure I will start my Trip #5 Report as soon as I end my last day of work as I head into my vacation. I will still have five days at home before I leave, and within those days there will be some interesting errands to run, Such as acquiring hard to get US Currency as the banks here are not releasing cash to those who need them for travel, or not the full amount that they request and some banks want to see proof that you will be traveling and that you will need said cash. Also I will have to see about securing my International Immunization Card to be allowed to leave the country. Will explain more as the time gets closer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast