Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: A wonderful week in Aruba October 10-17, 2015

Aruba since 1979
    it's hard to say.
    i would plan on an hour.....being happy if it is less and less happy if it is longer.
    keep your eye open for the resident line at immigration.
    often, they will open that line for everyone....they will wave a few people over a few at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    So what's the average wait time it takes to get thru these days? Going there in 3 weeks on a Sunday.

The resident line is no longer an option. It was a long line as well and being utilized. They also have people directing you into which line you needed to go to. If you have the chip in your passport you can use the new passport readers to the far left (and that line seemed to be the shortest.) I would say it took us about 30 minutes and we were one of the first off of our flight. In the past, it normally took us about 5 minutes.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Oh ok good I just received my renewed passport this summer so it has the chip. Thx. I land at 1pm and normally would not be in a rush since check in at most resorts is 4pm but I'm staying at MVC and they start check in at 1pm to 3:30pm. If you are late they leave the key with bartender so no biggie..

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    So what's the average wait time it takes to get thru these days? Going there in 3 weeks on a Sunday.
    I think it really depends on the day. In November last year we arrived on a Wednesday and it was the longest we ever waited (not sure the time) but people were packed in and stressing out. I was happy to read on this post that they were stopping people at the top of the escalators. It was uncomfortable and slightly scary when people were getting dumped off the escalator with no room to move anywhere, until they finally turned them off.
    In February - busy season - we arrived on a Sunday and breezed through. Plane seat to taxi in record time.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    These are the supposed kiosks for those with a chip
    we got put in this line
    frankly isn't wasn't much faster as they had to continuously reset the darn thing....

our experience was was a little over 1 hour... Sorry that's still unacceptable imop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A wonderful week in Aruba    October 10-17, 2015-image.jpg   A wonderful week in Aruba    October 10-17, 2015-image.jpg  
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-30-2015 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Here we go agin sideways !!!!!???

Aruba since 1979
    i added the photo flipped. yes, i flipped off the photo

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    The long line-ups and wait times at the Immigration Hall are, no doubt, a result of Aruba's increasing popularity as a vacation destination for everyone. I agree with Amy, lots more Venezuelan vacationers in Aruba as compared with the past couple of trips. Waiting in line is an inconvenience, but that's all it is. Gear down, relax and enjoy your vacation.

Here's another example of how busy Reina Beatrix has become which we experienced on the outbound side. Our Air Canada flight to Toronto was delayed about half an hour because the potable water truck was busy servicing other outbound flights. The aircraft cannot leave on a 5 hour flight without drinking water. Eventually they got to our flight, filled our tanks and we took off. Again, inconvenient but nothing more.

Looks like Aruba is becoming the vacation destination spot in the Caribbean for visitors from all over. In a recent article in The Caribbean News Magazine Aruba has been listed as one of the best islands to live on and retire to. Just shows that the Tourism Authority is doing something right and have re-written the book on Tourism.

Aruba since 1979
    i think that you are on to something Val.

Maybe all of the people, will outgrow Aruba.
    I propose the "creators of that Dubai island thing" come to aruba and help them expand to handle the influx.

Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    Looks like Aruba is becoming the vacation destination spot in the Caribbean for visitors from all over. In a recent article in The Caribbean News Magazine Aruba has been listed as one of the best islands to live on and retire to. Just shows that the Tourism Authority is doing something right and have re-written the book on Tourism.

Thanks Glen for the great review! Glad you found a way to stop the bed from rolling away!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12