Aruba Beach

Thread: 1st time to Aruba

Red face 1st time to Aruba

I am planning on traveling to Aruba in 09/2009 with my husband. We are thinking of either staying at Divi all inclusive or Tamarjin. Are there any suggestions to which would be better? Or would it be better to stay at Marriott, get free breakfast and just pay for rest of the meals? Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    imo
    DIVI or TAM because of the BEACH

the marriott has a little more glitz/glamour

DIVI and Tam win head over heals though whith the beach front

marriott beach does not compare to the beach at divi (imo)

if you are traveling w/out kids opt for the divi
    if you have kids, the tam is a bit more kid friendly

they are sister properties
    you can spend all your time at either
    the red parrott restaurant at the divi is good
    paparazzi at tam is good

breakfast and lunches are buffets and they are ok, not spectacular but good

make certain that you get off property at least once to try madam janette or passions or old man and the sea for dinner

for an island jeep tour try kinikini

snorkel sail, i recommend tranquillo

you will have a great vacation
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by michelle423 View Post
    I am planning on traveling to Aruba in 09/2009 with my husband. We are thinking of either staying at Divi all inclusive or Tamarjin. Are there any suggestions to which would be better? Or would it be better to stay at Marriott, get free breakfast and just pay for rest of the meals? Thanks.

Kicking back and relaxing for two weeks, on the beach.. Jewelry Shopping and the Alhambra...........

I'll have to say Tamarijn, all the way.... My opinion, and friends just stayed at other and said they prefer Tam also...... Divi is nice...

You know what they say, everyone has an opinion, but at least with the tam, every room faces the water..... That is my preference.....

Have a great trip!!! Your in Aruba, who cares?

My only comment, and if you go through the forum my fellow posters and I haver commented on this before, Aruba is not the best island to do all inclusives. Too manhy great restuarants to go to and being a safe island, why not enjoy the luxury of being able to go out at night.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I prefer the low rise district to the high rise and the divi to the tam. The divi is a little more laid back and more suited to me. The ocean front rooms there are the best I've had on the island but are a little more expensive than the standard rooms.

Thanks for your help...greatly appreciated!