Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st time staying at Marriott Surf Club

Junior Member sammi my sunshine's Avatar

Question 1st time staying at Marriott Surf Club

Hi, this is my first post but I must say... I have enjoyed reading all of the information that you all have shared about Aruba. We are arriving in Aruba on 7/4(4th visit) and staying at the Surf Club for the 1st time. Can someone tell me what to expect??? We usually stay at the Marriott Stellaris but opted to rent a co-workers time share this time. Is there maid service, are there towels in the room, do we need to provide our own cleaners /detergents? I am clueless about staying in a time share. Thanks in advance for your help!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum

i think that randi may be able to answer the question better than i, but i will give it a shot.

the surf club is lovely

there are towels in the room

there are washers/dryers (unless u are in the studio)

you will have to supply detergents for laundry and dishes.

other cleaners?????????? don't bring anything.

you probably will have to bring a roll of paper towels. i think that they start you off with the basics but if/when you runout you will have to buy more.

bring a roll of paper towels and coffee filters.

but i may be full of baloney........i am just trying to remember what was in our friend's 2 bedroom unit.

and maid/housekeeping service is available for a price

front row palapas at the beach are available for a price

enjoy
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by sammi my sunshine View Post
    Hi, this is my first post but I must say... I have enjoyed reading all of the information that you all have shared about Aruba. We are arriving in Aruba on 7/4(4th visit) and staying at the Surf Club for the 1st time. Can someone tell me what to expect??? We usually stay at the Marriott Stellaris but opted to rent a co-workers time share this time. Is there maid service, are there towels in the room, do we need to provide our own cleaners /detergents? I am clueless about staying in a time share. Thanks in advance for your help!

AXE

Talking

I too will be there for my first time on July 12. I also have no idea what to expect. I really hope they provide maid service. every other time share i have been to has. That would be lame if I had to clean my own villa while on vacation. If anyone has any more info that would be great! thank

Thanks for the quick response Andrea and the helpful info!

I will be at the Surf Club this Friday and we stay there for 6 weeks every year since it was built. If you are in a 1 or 2 bedroom, you won't be dissapointed. The rooms are huge and a full kitchen with washer and dryer. With timeshare you get 1 mid week clean. Other than that if you want daily maid service, you have to set that up when checking in and there is a fee per day. You guys will love the Surf Club. If any of you are up for some great snorkling, e-mail me direct and I would be happy to take you. Kent
    kentgerber@adamswells.com
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

we are at the surf club until the 27th

Bring some tubes for the lazy river. This place is magnificent. Full of life and laughter from very happy kids on the slide and the other 2 pools and the best beach in Aruba. We come 3 times per year and stay anywhere from 7 to 9 weeks at a time, during winter, now and September and October. The best timeshare in Aruba. You can buy all your groceries if you wish with 1 viit to the grocery store. Make sure you have dinner at Madam Jeanette. Outstanding service and food. The weather since we are here (6/9/09) is sunny and beautifull, no humidity, cool evening.

Where do I begin...
    Coffee filters are supplied as is all detergents except for the washing machine. You will have two tidy services during your week which for a price you can upgrade to a full clean. You can also buy additional cleans if you like. Ask upon check in and they will explain it all to you.

Towels for the beach/pool are supplied. They are blue and full size and if you stay in the 2 bdrm unit you get 8 towels. At the end of the day you exchange these for fresh ones (which can only be done once a day) and at the end of your stay they stay (dirty) in your room. Regular towels are white and in your room too. Small bottles of shampoo and soap are provided. We usually buy shampoo (Aruba aloe).

For the beach or pool, they will give you chair tags to use for reserving chairs. I suggest you place them in a visible part of the chair so it can be seen. I saw many people putting them on the bottom frame and people didn't realize they were saved and took the chairs. You can only put the tags on and leave your chairs for 2 hours max. They are enforcing this now. This was more of a problem for the pool then the beach as people would reserve chairs and leave them for hours. If you go out to the pool before 7:30am to get a chair you need to stay with your chair until 7:30am and then go upstairs and come back. Not uncommon to see people sleeping on their chairs. Again, you are going in August so this won't really be an issue as this is not high season.

Any other questions, ask away!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thanks Randi....very helpful info. The towels should be plenty as we are a family of 3 and rented a 2 bedroom unit. We are so excited!

Thanks Kent- great info! Can't wait to arrive.
    Everyone is so friendly on these boards!

Aruba since 1979
    thanks randi and kent for your expertise

andrea

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast