pier
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd trip to Aruba

2nd trip to Aruba

Hi Everyone,

We are planning another trip to Aruba April/May 2011. 6nights/7days....

I'm looking at an All Inclusive, either Divi Aruba or Manchebo Beach Resort an Oceanview room of course.

Would like input on both resorts and which one would you choose to stay. Thanks

Frannie....

Aruba since 1979
    i would choose divi.
    i like the manchebo and like the divi.
    only reason i would chose divi is because of their extras....the reciprocity between the divi and the tamarijn and the perks/activities.
    manchebo does have a very nice beach.
    go thru the 2 resorts info sheets and make a list of what is or is not important to you.
    both have good food. manchebo has french steakhouse, and if that is included on the AI program that could sway me onto their team :-)

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We stayed at Manchebo last Feb. We extended our stay after our timeshare week was up. The rooms at Manchebo are basic but very clean. They have updated the furnishings. The bed slept very well. The beach at Manchebo is amazing. You choose your palapa each day and they hold it for you. Each one comes with a flag and when you want food or a drink you just put your flag up and they bring everything to you. You can park yourself in the lounge chair all day if you want to. It is very quiet and all of the people who work there are great. We met some really friendly guests while we there. They have a great happy hour with a terrific bar tender. It is lots of fun. We went to a lot of happy hours and would stop off at the bar and just visit when we came back from going out at night. It sits right on the beach. We had such a good time there that we are starting and ending our next trip there in Feb. (between our timeshare dates). All of the restaurants there are really good. There are lots of very positive reviews of Manchebo on trip advisor website.

The beach at the Divi AI; drinks at the Paddock and Madame Jannetes
    Last November was our first visit to Aruba and we stayed at the Divi, and we have already booked for this coming November. While the resort is lovingly worn, the rooms were spotless and we had a wonderful ocean view. I preferred the food at the buffet over the ala carte restaurants, but also felt the rate for the AI was reasonable enough that I didn't mind going off resort to try some of the local restaurants. The beach was incredible and I pretty much spent my time there from 9 to 5. We checked out the high rise area when we were there but felt the Divi was a better fit for us with the uncrowded beach and casual vibe.

Thank you for your reply. My travel agent sent me an e-mail on both resorts and it looks like the Divi is $360 dollars cheaper for an Oceanview then the Manchebo. Plus the Divi does have more perks.... So I think my mind has been made up....

Thanks again,
    Frannie

Aruba since 1979
    cool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogi View Post
    Thank you for your reply. My travel agent sent me an e-mail on both resorts and it looks like the Divi is $360 dollars cheaper for an Oceanview then the Manchebo. Plus the Divi does have more perks.... So I think my mind has been made up....

Thanks again,
    Frannie

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    We stayed at Manchebo last Feb. We extended our stay after our timeshare week was up. The rooms at Manchebo are basic but very clean. They have updated the furnishings. The bed slept very well. The beach at Manchebo is amazing. You choose your palapa each day and they hold it for you. Each one comes with a flag and when you want food or a drink you just put your flag up and they bring everything to you. You can park yourself in the lounge chair all day if you want to. It is very quiet and all of the people who work there are great. We met some really friendly guests while we there. They have a great happy hour with a terrific bar tender. It is lots of fun. We went to a lot of happy hours and would stop off at the bar and just visit when we came back from going out at night. It sits right on the beach. We had such a good time there that we are starting and ending our next trip there in Feb. (between our timeshare dates). All of the restaurants there are really good. There are lots of very positive reviews of Manchebo on trip advisor website.

Thanks for this feedback; I will have to try that place next...
    Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Thanks again,
    Frannie

Frannie,
    good choice; I stayed at the Tam and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Hi Everyone- Just wanted to share that we booked our trip to Aruba. We booked with the Divi Aruba All Inclusive for next May. I went with the Oceanview Veranda Room that overlooks a nice pool/garden. We don't have air booked yet it's to early for JetBlue, We are very excited and have something to look forward too. Has anyone stayed in the Veranda Building would like some input and pic too.......

Thanks
    Frannie

We booked with the Divi Aruba All Inclusive for next May. I went with the Oceanview Veranda Room that overlooks a nice pool/garden. Has anyone stayed in the Veranda Building would like some input and pic too.......Thanks Frannie
    Frannie, we have not stayed there, but have often thought about it. From the research I have done, the rooms are dated, but everything else is just fine.

I do have some photos of the outside of the building/rooms at
    Verandah Building and Divi Aruba Beach Resort photos as well.

There is a little bit of info at
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/divi%20verandah%20rooms.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast