Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Hotel Marriott Complex

My wife and I will be staying at the Marriot Ocean Club in Oct for our anniversary. Is there a major difference between the Ocean and Surf Clubs? Can you now use both facilities? Is the Arubus an easy way of getting around?

The difference between the 2 is that the Ocean Club is a smaller more laid back resort and the Surf Club is the BIG fast paced, lots of kids resort. The Surf Club is very new and the Ocean Club has been there for quite some time. The Ocean Club is currently a little dates but will be going through renovations later this year (i believe while you are there) so be aware of that.

Unfortunately, you can not use the pools or the lazy river at the Surf Club (unless you bring some colored bracelets with you, PM me for more info on that ;-)

I have not used the Arubus because I rented a car while there. Look in the "Getting Around Aruba" forum for ideas and info.

Trust7, thanks for input. System says I can't send a PM until I get to a post count of 3. I guess this is my 2nd. Is the Ocean Club still a nice place to stay for our 39th anniversary?

The Ocean Club is very nice. We own at the Surf Club but I would be tempted to go to the OC. The major difference is the lazy river and the fact that the Surf Club main room has a washer and dryer in it. The beach is larger at the OC and there is more space at the pool. SC club does tend to have more children. Both are fabulous properties.

To be honest, I am glad that they have implemented the policy of the bracelets for the owners at the Surf Club. The pool is very busy and for those people who like to sit there (we are beach people) finding a chair is difficult. So, if I may be so bold in stating, I am not partial to helping people who don't stay at the SC find ways of beating the system. The owners of the SC paid more $$ for their units than the OC and having the lazy river is one of the reasons. If the OC owners could use the SC facilities then I would have bought at the OC for less $$ and then just used the SC facilities! The OC people would not be very happy if all of the SC people started using their beach chairs, pool, etc. and then there the OC owners couldn't use their own facilities!

I am not trying to be rude, but this is just another example of how SC owners can be their own worst enemy. Believe me, I am not trying to sound harsh or cruel but there is a real issue with the SC pool during high season and we shouldn't be encouraging others to make things worse for the people who are trying to enjoy their own timeshare.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Randi, no offense taken as I definitely understand. We exchanged iinto the OC so we are just trrying to get the lay of the land before we go. You may want to know though that the exchange folks tell you that the OC and SC share immedities. Otherthan all of that, as long as the OC and Aruba is a good place to visit we will be happy. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deac247 View Post
    Randi, no offense taken as I definitely understand. We exchanged iinto the OC so we are just trrying to get the lay of the land before we go. You may want to know though that the exchange folks tell you that the OC and SC share immedities. Otherthan all of that, as long as the OC and Aruba is a good place to visit we will be happy. Thanks
    I am glad that no offense taken! That is interesting that the exchange people told you that. As a visitor, you have no idea what to expect, it is the owners that shouldn't be encouraging others to break the rules.

You will love the Ocean Club, it is a great property. The pool is nice, the beach is wide and nice. If there are renovations going on, speak to them about getting a better room. When they renovated the hotel they moved people into the Surf Club. Don't be shy to speak up. The lobby is nice and Champions plus a few very nice shops are located there.

Enjoy!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    when we listened to a surf club presentation 2 years ago we were told that all marriott facilities were open to "surf club members"

some of the sales people will say whatever they need to say to make the sale.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    when we listened to a surf club presentation 2 years ago we were told that all marriott facilities were open to "surf club members"

andrea
    Yes, they will and have said anything to make a sale!
    However, there was a point in time that the three properties were allowed to share facilities. That was only when the first and second buildings at the SC were built. Actually, when the first building was occuppied there was no pool so the SC people used the OC pool and they weren't that happy (understandably). Also, up to about a year ago, you could sit on a lounge chair at either properties (just not the palapa) but that stopped too as the OC beach is a little better than the SC.
    When the lazy river opened the SC and OC people could use each other's pool. The OC pool was desserted and the SC was packed and only two of the four buildings were opened. Once building 3 was completed they had to end the reciprocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

Well....now I don't feel any guilt for taking their tour and getting my $100 gift certificate with never having had any intention of buying!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Well....now I don't feel any guilt for taking their tour and getting my $100 gift certificate with never having had any intention of buying!
    I take their tour every year just for the points and I have no intention on buying another week eithier!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast