Aruba Beach

Thread: 3 More Weeks!

3 More Weeks!

Hi everyone...3 more weeks til my 8th time on our wonderful island! Has anyone returned recently from the Divi? I'm wondering how the hut situation has been in the morning, our last stay people were leaving their stuff overnight to save the hut and someone went up and down the beach in the middle of the night and threw everything in the pool! Also, do you know if they sell the phone cards in the gift shop there? Usually rent from Charles but no need for that this time. thanks

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f22/divi-...65/index2.html
    check out this link (thread) for recent DIVI talk/reviews/suggestions.

Druif Beach, Divi Divi AI, Red Sail Sports, Black Pearl

It's All Good...

Quote Originally Posted by LisaIpp View Post
    Hi everyone...3 more weeks til my 8th time on our wonderful island! Has anyone returned recently from the Divi? I'm wondering how the hut situation has been in the morning, our last stay people were leaving their stuff overnight to save the hut and someone went up and down the beach in the middle of the night and threw everything in the pool! Also, do you know if they sell the phone cards in the gift shop there? Usually rent from Charles but no need for that this time. thanks
    We recently returned from first trip to Divi and the hut thing is not unique to this property. We have stayed at Occidental and the Marriott properties and they have an elaborate reservation system that requires a plan to line up to get best position to select/reserve hut for next day (at least the Marriott Surf club does). Divi is much more relaxed, but you do have to mark you hut with the towel. During our stay, there was only one family from UK that would leave their stuff out even night before. I believe they felt that specific hut was to be theirs. Was I tempted to claim/discard the towels and the floats cuz they left them out starting at 8pm night prior? Yup. But then I thought whoever sat under hut unknowing, would have to be confronted and I don't want to do that to people. As written before, if you have a towel out by no later than 7am, you will have some selection. I'm an early riser so I wanted to sit out by the ocean with my coffee and just people watch as they took their morning walks. You don't have a far walk to and from room, so you can put towel out and go back to sleep for an hour if you want. It's NOT a stress enducing process. We were first timers at Divi this year and found it fit our (get away from it all, give us some space on the beach and allow for casual dining and perhaps some great drinks) personality VERY WELL. I believe it will be the Divi you remember well and I wish you the best stay yet when you go. I know I'm a Divi rookie, but I felt like I was at home after the second day. I do believe they rent the phone cards, as they suggest you do so in the room orientation channel on the television.

Thanks for the info Jabooty! Glad you enjoyed the Divi. When I first started going to Aruba I stayed at the Westin twice and the Riu once, once we stayed at the Divi that was it! I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I was last there in March and my sisters were with me so we would take turns getting up around 6ish to get the hut. This time it will just be me and my mom so I will be the one getting up. It all depends on their occupancy too I would imagine.

Aruba since 1979
    lisa, my guess that in late september........the slowest of the slow season, you will not have to be out there at the crack of dawn.
    my guess is that occupancy will be in the 60 - 70% range.

enjoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LisaIpp View Post
    Thanks for the info Jabooty! Glad you enjoyed the Divi. When I first started going to Aruba I stayed at the Westin twice and the Riu once, once we stayed at the Divi that was it! I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I was last there in March and my sisters were with me so we would take turns getting up around 6ish to get the hut. This time it will just be me and my mom so I will be the one getting up. It all depends on their occupancy too I would imagine.