Aruba Beach

Thread: about amsterdam manor

Red face about amsterdam manor

hello, sorry bad english, i have quite booked my holiday in august at amsterdam manor beach, now I've read in many reviews about the strong smell from a sewage plant treatment. I'm very worried beacuse I'm thinking about my only, expensive, caraibben holiday (and we are just married) ruined by the smell....have you got some more information about this problem?

This had been a problem in the past, but has since been corrected and is no longer an issue.

Our family had dinner, down wind of the sewage plant, at the Amsterdam MBR on June 20 and did not smell anything aside from our delicious dinner and the fresh salt air.

Go and enjoy.

Lisa is correct - there was a problem in the past but it has since been taken care of by the gov't.

I just stayed there last month for the 8th time (been staying there since 2004) and will be going back again in Sept.

Here's the link to my trip report and photos:
    http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/tri...amy/index.html
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

thank you everybody! now I'm more happy, waiting to go on holidays soon!

Betty 79,

I was just to Amsterdam manor two days ago for drinks. There was no smell that I could discern. I put photos on my blog if you would like to see current images of the place. The blog is part of my signature here.

Enjoy your stay.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/