Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: After 7 trips is it time for a change?

Question After 7 trips is it time for a change?

I'm talking change of resort and not change of island of course. We have always stayed at the Divi and as much as I enjoy it there, I thought it might be fun to try a change of scenery. I checked out the Bucuti website and see they have construction going on until August. Since we're planning for Thanksgiving week I could assume they would be done by then. Manchebo looks pretty nice as well, or we could check out the Rennaisance for a total change of scenery. So, rather than obsess about it I thought I would put it out to the forum and get your thoughts? I'm also thinking we will not go all inclusive.

Aruba since 1979
    yes the bucuti will be up and running before november. was it not supposed to be ready mid or late summer?
    work is in progress now.
    it is a lovely resort and on the best stretch of beach imo.

manchebo is a great alternative to bucuti as it has the same beach and is less expensive than bucuti.

if you like the convenience of the beach at your doorstep you will not be happy with the renaissance.
    renaissance island is a boat ride away..less than 15 min ride, but it certainly is an inconvenience if you just want to leave your unit and get right out on the beach.

i know you ate off property (divi) for a few of your meals and you both are not drinkers.........so imo AI is NOT your best plan.

i would venture to even say that you may want to inquire of renting a timeshare at costa linda, aruba beach club or casa del mar (the presidential not the ambassador)
    great beach area.... (right next to bucuti) option to prepare meals right there.
    amenities of an apartment, lots of space, nice pools......it would be a good choice for you 2.

paul and i particularly like aruba beach club. not a heck of a lot of kids. cliental are mostly 50+ age bracket. quiet, personal, nice amenities, not overly fancy and very comfortable.

paul and i are thinking we may do a tamarijn or divi stay next visit (maybe may 2014) as we too would like a change. the boat ride to renaissance island is getting old and our lacabana units are rented out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I'm talking change of resort and not change of island of course. We have always stayed at the Divi and as much as I enjoy it there, I thought it might be fun to try a change of scenery. I checked out the Bucuti website and see they have construction going on until August. Since we're planning for Thanksgiving week I could assume they would be done by then. Manchebo looks pretty nice as well, or we could check out the Rennaisance for a total change of scenery. So, rather than obsess about it I thought I would put it out to the forum and get your thoughts? I'm also thinking we will not go all inclusive.

Thanks Andrea. That was really helpful. Guess I still have some more research to do. Never thought about renting a timeshare. At the moment it seems like we're leaning towards Manchebo I would just go to the Divi but DH seems to want a change. My SIL and BIL always stayed at the Rennaisance. I only considered it so as to stay in a different area of the island. Your right though, I do prefer to just step out onto the beach. We ruled out. AmsterdamManor only because the beach is across the street. Oh well, I have time to figure it out. When DH drank, he loved to sit at the bar at the Divi for most of the day. Back then AI made perfect sense. However, if the Divi offers that Cyber Monday sale again, we will definitely do it for next May!
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 05-22-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Pegmeister and Andrea...Uhhh where are you all's pics from Aruba ? Wait can you post pics anymore since they have changed the website? I want to see the places you stayed at (the Divi) and the places your talking about for future stays...just curious as to what they look like. I saw pics of the construction on the Bucuti...oh is the trolley up and running yet?

Aruba since 1979

http://www.aruba.com/forum/f41/may-2013-trip-aruba-59460/

here are the few that i took.
    i have a few more on my ipad that i will post ... and when the aruba.com forum's gallery is reinstated photos can be posted there too

this photo and video forum is where one can post aruba photos

the trolley is running on a very limited schedule.
    last i heard it will be on its schedule in June when all landscaping work is completed.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/where-to-stay/h...esorts?tid=122
    if you are looking for photos of resorts, click above link

Absolutely Beautiful! I can't wait to see the rest. Thank you Andrea!

Wink

Just realized that I've never posted photos. I think the thumbnail warning through me off.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 05-22-2013 at 04:27 PM.

We walked through the lobby and restaurant/bar area of Manchebo on our last visit and it looks great. I have a family member who stayed there a couple years ago and their pictures were so nice! The beach is really nice too. I had never rented a timeshare before, but we used redweek this time and found a really good deal. I will definitely do it again, the rates are so reasonable. I also broke down our costs AI (first trip) and non-AI on the next one and found that we really spent more going AI because we liked going off the property to check out other places. So in essence we were paying for those meals twice when we went AI. Since I read that you are non-drinkers, I would say you definitely should try somewhere else and see how it goes!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We are renting a week in june at Costa Linda this year for $1100 from an owner. It is a 2 bedroom on the second floor overlooking the pool and ocean. The weeks rented by owner are as low as $800 and as high as $3000 depending on when you are going and what unit(some are 3 bedroom). We have rented from owners at Casa Del Mar, Playa Linda, Aruba Beach Club and the Renaisance. We also traded a timeshare week into Costa Linda march 31 this year so we will be there 2 weeks. Once you stay in a timeshare condo you will be spoiled. We have also stayed at the Divi village, Divi golf resorts, Divi Dutch Village and Divi Phoenix but these were all trades. I dont think they have an owners rental board.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast