Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which AI to stay with children?

Which AI to stay with children?

Hi everyone. We are planning a trip to Aruba in May. We are traveling with another family so we will be 4 adults and 4 children (ages 6, 5, and two 3 year olds). We definately want an AI because of the children. We're looking at the Divi, but after seeing pictures of the beach and reading about poor beach conditions I'm a little nervous. Our other options are the Westin or Occidental. This will be my second trip to Aruba, the first one with children. Last time my husband and I stayed at the Radisson, loved it and loved Palm beach. We want a place that both the kids and adults will enjoy. First concern of course is a clean, nice room but also good food and definately a nice pool and beach area. Any suggestions on which would be the best place to stay? Thanks so much!

Which AI to stay with Children?

My family and I just stayed at the Divi 12/18-12/23. Our children are older than the ages you have listed, but there were numerous kids that age at the Divi. This was our first time in Aruba and will return and stay at the Divi again. The beach was phenomenal! Large beachfront and you never felt crowded, unlike the high rise section which was elbow and elbow chairs, umbrellas and bodies! We loved everything about the Divi. The rooms were very basic, but honestly, once we left the room in the morning for breakfast, we didn't arrive back until it was time to get ready for dinner. I think the Divi would be a great choice for your family. Let me know if you would like me to post some pictures.

Aruba since 1979
    tamarijn is my suggestion for you.
    very very kid friendly/family friendly

I too would suggest the Tamarijn. You can use the facilities of the Divi but the kids club is at the Tamarijn and we think their staff is excellent.

If the 3 year olds will be napping daily, the convenience of being able to be on the beach within ear shot of the room is a huge bonus.

Beach conditions vary at the whim of mother nature, you can always request what you think would be the best building suit your needs.

Thanks for much for all of the info. So it seems that the Tamarijn is a better choice than the Divi? I was also wondering if anyone has stayed at the Divi Village - the rooms looked larger.

Thanks again.

The Divi Village is a timeshare "all suite" facility so the rooms are larger. The Divi Village however is across the street from the beach. The Divi Dutch Village is another option, timeshare as well, with larger rooms it is set behind the Tamarijn and thus no need to cross the road to get to the beach. The maps below will give you a good idea of the locations.

http://www.divigolf.com/resortMap_Aruba.html
    http://www.arubabound.com/accommo/tamarijn_map.jpg

Two recent pics of the beach looking towards the Tam

Which AI to stay with children?-dsc05230.jpg

Which AI to stay with children?-dsc05232.jpg

I was just looking at the Dutch Divi Village, and I really like it. It seems like the rooms are a nice size and it's still right on the beach. But do you know if its still an all-inclusive property? If it is can we use all of the other divi hotels and the tamarijn restaurants, pools, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by jflo11 View Post
    I was just looking at the Dutch Divi Village, and I really like it. It seems like the rooms are a nice size and it's still right on the beach. But do you know if its still an all-inclusive property? If it is can we use all of the other divi hotels and the tamarijn restaurants, pools, etc.?
    Yes, the all inclusive option is available http://www.tamarijnaruba.com/dutch-village/index.php

Thought it is more expensive, it actually allows you use of the facilities and amenities of the Divi Village as well. These are perks you would not have if staying at the Tamarijn or Divi resorts.

Thanks again everyone for all of your info - it's very helpful. The family we're traveling with seems to be stuck on staying on Palm Beach rather than Eagle, which leaves us with either the Occidental or Westin. But does anyone have any info on the Renaissance AI? The hotel looks beautiful, the rooms look big for a family and they do have a kids club, but it doesn't seem like too many people on the board are a fan of it. I know its not directly on the beach, but how does the private island work - by boat? I also read an older post about the AI - that you're limited to 3 meals and day and something about tickets? I always thought AI meant eat and drink what you want, when you want, and as much as you want! Is that not the case here? Does anyone have any info? I really appreciate all of your great responses!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast