I know that there were a couple comments on this in my Aruba 2009 story, but I want to throw it out there again!
On the plane home on Saturday my wife and I discussed coming back to Aruba (it was our first trip last week).
We stayed at the Radisson which we really liked. People say to stay in a standard hotel vs an all-inclusive because of the food on the island. I have to say that the food was wonderful for the most part, except for one establishment that was not very good. But the food there was no better than I can get at home, and nothing really ARUBAN.
So we are looking to go all-inclusive next year.
Here is what I am looking for:
- Traveling with wife and 2 daughters (4 and 7 net year)
- Not worried about price right now (I am not going to stay in a presidential suite) but want to see what the field of play is.
- Food has to be good but dosen't have to be full 5 Star.
- Beach is important! Kids love to play in the sand, and water should be clear, they might be a pain if there is a lot of other stuff in the water. Palm beach was beautiful at the Radisson.
- Kid Friendly, my kids are pretty well behaved (but not ANGELS), I can take them to most places but I don't want to be looked at funny with 2 little kids.
- Easy for the kids to get what they want (with my help)
I know that there are a few, the RIU, the OCCIDENTAL, the TAMARAJIN....
Let me know what you think. We would be traveling most likely next July again!
Thanks for any info that you may have!!