Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All inclusive vs. not all inclusive

The Beach - you'll usually find me going back and forth between the Tam and the Divi

Question All inclusive vs. not all inclusive

Hello to all...

My husband and I are currently contemplating a trip (1st time) to Aruba. We are only able to take 4 nights away so we want to make it stress-free. We have been offered a 4 night stay at the Marriot for $399 (just for the hotel stay) for both of us, and at the same time have been reviewing packages (flight+all inclusive) and are loving the Tam and the Divi. Just the flight would probably come in at about $700 for the both of us. In realtiy, our trip isn't long enough to go around the island, so we'd be happy with a beautiful beach, food and nothing to worry about (especially cooking). Before we make our decision, we at least would like to compare what it would cost just to eat and drink at the Marriot, or its vicinity. We wouldn't want to go to McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc... Any advice is greatly appriciated. Thank you in advanced.
    Last edited by mac1382; 01-24-2008 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention...

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Smile

We love the Tam. We've stayed there four times in the past 2 years. We are (BEACH PEOPLE) We go to Aruba for the beach first, and we benifit from all the other great things in Aruba.... There are lots of options in Aruba... Hopefully others will contribute to your question.... Have a great trip,,,where ever you stay....

Banned
    I posted at other message you left. Tamarijn, hands down. cozy place. BUT, if you need status and flair and lots of chandelairs and crowded beach, elevators and city atmosphere, go to the Marriot. Bring extra cash as they make you pay for a cabana. Rediculous!

Hmm, didn't see any chandeliers at my last visit in December

The Marriott is another type of experience. It depends on what you want. We love going out for dinner and even if you are there for four days, it is fun to go to different places to eat. Lots and lots of places to go for dinner within walking distance of the Marriott. Even if you took a cab, many places are close and a $10 ride. It gives you a chance to see the island after a day on the beach.

The Marriott has an amazing breakfast buffet which if I eat, I am done until dinner. It is $20 but not something I could do every day. We are not big breakfast eaters so picking up bagels from Dushi's (5 minute) walk to eat there or have in our room is fine with me.

All inclusive, depends on how much you drink and want to eat...

oh ya, you don't have to pay for all of the cabanas and the chairs have sun roofs on them and they are free!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

We just stayed at the Tamarijn for the first time after having stayed at different resorts on Palm Beach. Palm Beach is the same beach on which the Marriott is located.

I said to myself while we were at the Tamarijn that it would be very easy to spend all of our time within the resort with plenty of actvities, excellent restaurant choices and beverages a short walk away.

Since you are looking for a beautiful beach, food and no worries, AND you are only going to be there for a very limited amount of time, I would suggest an all inclusive.

The Divi/Tamarijn has four ala carte restaurants so you would not even have to repeat one with a four night stay. Otherwise for dinners in Aruba, you can spend anywhere from a few dollars at Mc Donald's or $100 per couple or anywhere in between. On average the nicer restaurants for dinner, figure about $60 for two.

The Beach - you'll usually find me going back and forth between the Tam and the Divi

Smile Thank you...

Thank you: Cple, Janice, Randi & Arubalisa,

I guess I do kind of answer my own inquiry by saying that I want my experience to be stress and worry free, but I didn’t want to seem biased towards a specific venue since I have never been to the island. I created this thread to get educated opinions on one thing vs. the other, and it’s proving to be a good idea. I can’t stop reading all the threads, . Arubalisa does a great job at providing a detailed report of the Tam visit. From the reviews I’ve read on other sites, the REALLY bad ones were about break-ins into the rooms. The possibility of getting your passports, documents, money, etc. stolen is terrifying. And I would love to stay at a ground floor room .
    I’ve learned from Arubalisa’s threads that the sliding doors have a lock bar and that there are guards patrolling at night. This brings me a little more comfort. One of those bad reviews did mention that the “perps” broke in through the bathroom door though. Of course, paying for a safe is not an unwise decision.
    I was born in Dominican Republic and have spent many vacations there, so I can say that I know beautiful beaches and all sorts of resorts. Since our son isn’t coming with us, and we’re there as a “getaway”, not an “activity-filled vacation”, I am currently leaning towards the Tam, even if it comes out to a little more money.
    But please keep posting your input! I really appreciate anyone who takes a little time to share

I have to say that we felt very safe at the Tamarijn. Below is a photo which includes the bathroom window to which someone referred.

If you look closely in the photo below across the right side of the sliding glass door you will see the bar to which I referred.

Last edited by Arubalisa; 05-18-2009 at 01:30 PM.

For what my two cents are worth, it's the Tamarijn, hands down, can't beat it, won't stay anywhere else. Repeated vacations (this upcoming one is number 8 for me, number 14 for my Lady) prove that it's the sense of familiarity, the sense of feeling welcome, and the sense of security at the Tam.
    (I keep hearing about "break-ins" and such, yet I've never actually met or spoken with anyone it's happened to... sort of like the lady with all the baby spiders in her beehive hair-do)
    I am curious about one thing though. Someone mentioned a break-in through the bathroom door. Uh, if I'm not mistaken, the bathrooms are within the rooms, and there's no door access to the outside. Now, what with renovations and such I may be wrong, but that's my memory. And if someone did break in through the bathroom door, why were they in your bathroom in the first place? *inquisitive grin*

Mr. Ratt
    www.heyoka-healing.com
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Have taken many trips to Aruba. Do breakins take place in Aruba, sure. Are you more likely to have your house or apartment or hotel room broken into in the US? Answer, without a doubt. Exercise the same caution that you do at home. Lock doors and windows. If you rent a car, don't leave valuables in sight. Don't flaunt valuables. Be aware of your surroundings and all will be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    I am curious about one thing though. Someone mentioned a break-in through the bathroom door. Uh, if I'm not mistaken, the bathrooms are within the rooms, and there's no door access to the outside. Now, what with renovations and such I may be wrong, but that's my memory. And if someone did break in through the bathroom door, why were they in your bathroom in the first place? *inquisitive grin*

Mr. Ratt
    www.heyoka-healing.com
    You are right Mr. Ratt. The only bathroom entrance door is through the room itself.

I "think" the OP, may have meant or mis-read, and it was actually the bathroom window not the bathroom door.

I posted the photo above so folks could see how small AND high that little bathroom window (appears as blackish rectangle in photo) either to the right or left of the respective room entrance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast