Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Amsterdam, Manchebo, or Bucuti? - 2nd honeymoon!

Amsterdam, Manchebo, or Bucuti? - 2nd honeymoon!

This is our first time to Aruba, and we're celebrating our 1 year anniversary!

I'm torn between the great reviews of the AM and Manchebo (not sure how to choose between those 2!), and the splurge and romance that the Bucuti seems to offer. Are there any factors that should swing us overwhelmingly in either way? We like a good breakfast, lots of beach time, comfortable room (hopefully with some added romantic touches - i.e. good shower, etc.), and are willing to splurge a little since we got such great flight deals.

We're not big drinkers, so guessing the AI package is not worth it for us. Plus, we'd rather explore evenings and hit some local restaurants off the beaten path with great food (any suggestions?).

Help me decide! I'm excited just to be on the island, and I hope to make the best decision to celebrate!

Thanks!

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    am is by itself on the road to the high rises and have to cross the road to the beach. buciti and manchebo are side by side and share the same beach. bucuti is more elegant but manchebo more fun. my suggestiion would be a highrise(radisson, hyatt or others depending on your budget) try to rent a unit at playa linda.

We've stayed at Manchebo twice and have stayed at Amsterdam Manor 14 times (going on stay #15 next week.)

Of the two, we like Amsterdam Manor better because they have nicer rooms and more amenities (they also have a honeymoon suite you can book with a large jacuzzi tub for two, separate shower, very private patio, etc.) Manchebo's rooms are your basic hotel room but Amsterdam Manor offers studios, one bedrooms, and 2 bedrooms - all with either kitchenettes or full kitchens (we like making our own coffee, toast, etc. in the morning.) They also offer room service if you want a full breakfast brought to your patio/balcony or dinner at night.

We've never stayed at the Bucuti but we have alot of friends who stay there every year and love it there - not so much because of the rooms but because of the large, quiet beach.

If you have any questions about Amsterdam Manor, just let me know. All 3 hotels are nice places with their own charm so you can't go wrong with any of them.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    if it comes down to convenience and amenities, then BUCUTI wins hands down.
    the beach is terrific, the accommodations/rooms are lovely.

we too, think Amsterdam Manor is pretty terrific too, but if BUCUTI is in your budget, it does have more amenities and better beachfront location.

Bucuti is located in a good spot, easy walking to good restaurants.

If $$ are very important to consider, then chose Manchebo.
    Manchebo and Bucuti are adjacent neighbors and have a great stretch of beach.
    Manchebo's rooms are nothing special. Very holiday inn-like.
    BUT, I would have NO problem staying at any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by secondhoneymooninaruba View Post
    We're not big drinkers, so guessing the AI package is not worth it for us. Plus, we'd rather explore evenings and hit some local restaurants off the beaten path with great food (any suggestions?).
    LOTS of info on local restaurants

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/restaurant%20local.html

Aruba since 1979
    if you wind up staying t bucuti or manchebo, here is a thread for restaurants that are nearby, short walk to restaurant
    Restaurants by Bucuti Beach Resort?
    click the above link

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    if it comes down to convenience and amenities, then BUCUTI wins hands down.
    the beach is terrific, the accommodations/rooms are lovely.

we too, think Amsterdam Manor is pretty terrific too, but if BUCUTI is in your budget, it does have more amenities and better beachfront location.
    I think as far as amenities, Amsterdam Manor actually might have more than the Bucuti. For example, Amsterdam Manor offers room service and free floats for their guests, Bucuti does not. Just depends on what's most important to you when choosing a hotel (we love the room service & free floats )
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thank you, all!

Amy, sounds like people are saying the Amsterdam beach isn't as nice as Bucuti. True? I DO like what you're saying about the free amenities, though! Seems like now I'm trying to decide between Amsterdam and Bucuti

Aruba since 1979
    i am not answering for amy.
    the amsterdam manor beach area and the bucuti beach are are both gorgeous.

bucuti beach area is a bit wider.

the walk from a bucuti room to the beach does not involve crossing the street.
    amsterdam manor is across the street from the beach but in no means is it an inconvenience. we usually stay at lacabana, which is next door to the amsterdam manor and find that crossing the road to the beach is a non issue. others prefer to be beachfront. the bucuti is a "child free" resort which makes it really nice for honeymooners.

(p.s. we don't mind walking over the walkway to get there from AM, just want the quality of the water/sand, etc. to be nice!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast