Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Amsterdam, Manchebo, or Bucuti? - 2nd honeymoon!

Thanks, Andrea - super helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by secondhoneymooninaruba View Post
    (p.s. we don't mind walking over the walkway to get there from AM, just want the quality of the water/sand, etc. to be nice!)
    The quality of the beach/water is the same at both. Alot of people like Bucuti's beach because the resort is right ON the beach. But the distance from your room at Amsterdam Manor to your palapa (even with crossing the road) is less than 2 minutes (I timed it once. LOL!) Alot of people have a problem with "the road" which, for us anyway, isn't a big deal. But to some people it is.

If you stay at the Bucuti, I would definitely book a room in the Tara Suites because they have the best view of the beach/water. Most of the rooms at Amsterdam Manor (except the 2 bedroom suites) have kind of a spotty "oceanview". So if that's important to you, then look at the Bucuti's Tara Suites.
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016

Any Aruba beach...
    I am only going to add, that in all the properties that we have stayed at on the island, never once did we feel that we did not get what we paid for.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I feel like I have to put "my two cents" in for Manchebo. We have stayed there three times in the last two years and just love it. All of the rooms are undergoing a major renovation, and half have been completed. There are no suites, however, just a small fridge and microwave. The new rooms are much nicer and have a very nice rain shower. The people and the service there are wonderful. I especially love the beach bar. They serve a good lunch and have a wonderful happy hour each afternoon. The beach there, which they share with Bucuti, is my favorite in Aruba. It is very wide and quiet. They have many palapas, and offer lunch and beverage service right at your chair. You just plant your flag in the sand beside your chair and they wait on you. Manchebo is less expensive than Bucuti, but they have had a rate increase since they started renovations. One thing to consider is that they allow topless sun bathers on the beach at Manchebo. There is usually one or two there at any time. They don't flaunt it, but you will definitely notice!! All three properties you are choosing between are wonderful. You can't go wrong with any of them. If you would like to read some in depth reviews, check out

We love the bucuti. The beach is unbeatable, the resort is all adults and quiet. A full breakfest is included, you can eat right on the deck at the pirates nest on the beach.... awesome. The hotel offers you a free Laptop (notebook) and free wifi to use while you are there. Each guest gets a Waterbottle you get to keep, so you can fill it with the great aruban water, chill it inthe refrigerator in your room. Love this place.... rooms not really fancy , but we are on the beach more than the in room. Tara rooms are nice, but after staying there one year, we now opt for the superior rooms( even numbered) saves us money for nice dinners, or drinks on the beach.... Headed back for trip # 5 next year....

Amsterdam, Manchebo, or Bucuti? - 2nd honeymoon!

All the three hotels are nice but the selection of any of these comes to your personal preferences.

Personally I would recommend Bucuti as it provides good combination of very nice hotel and the beach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12