Aruba Beach

Thread: Amsterdam Manor- Security

Amsterdam Manor- Security

Hey everyone,

We will be at the Amsterdam Manor next Monday and we were wondering what the security is like there?

Aruba since 1979
    i have never stayed at amsterdam manor, but have eaten dinner there and have visited their pool bar happy hour many times.

that being said, i have never heard any security issues.
    i always see many employees on the grounds of the resort.
    i always see employees in the parking area.

i hope eagle beach boy or ~amy~ reply to you.
    they are our amsterdam manor experts.

i know that security is NO problem and that the units LOCK and there are safes in the rooms for your small belongings.

it is a very small, quaint and comfortable LOVELY resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba_Sept08 View Post
    Hey everyone,

We will be at the Amsterdam Manor next Monday and we were wondering what the security is like there?

Any Aruba beach...
    I am sure Amy will respond when she has time, but she did stay there solo this this past spring and did not have any issues. Her review is at

Hi! We've been staying at Amsterdam Manor a couple of times each year now (will be there again on Sept. 11th for our 9th stay at Amsterdam Manor.) Not sure exactly what you mean by "security" but as Andrea said all of the rooms have deadbolts and chains and each room has an electronic safe for your money, valuables, etc.

It's a small, quiet resort and is very quiet after the restaurant and pool bar closes around 11pm. There is always someone available at the front desk if you need anything and they do have security guards on site that make rounds throughout the evening (the security guards also deliver the daily paper to your door as well.)

As Lisa said, I was there solo this past spring and never felt worried being alone there.
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

33rd trip to Aruba - May 2016
    San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016