Aruba Beach

Thread: Amsterdam Manor Tipping / "Service Charges"

Amsterdam Manor Tipping / "Service Charges"

We are staying at the Amsterdam Manor and note that they include a "19% tax and service charge". I'm curious if others know what % is tax vs "service" and what the "service" portion goes to. Ultimately I'm trying determine if we should be tipping the housekeeping staff or if I would be double tipping as it is already included in the lodging bill.

We always stay at Divi Village (we own there) and always get charged an air condtioning fee...don't really know why since they make so much money off of us anyway, but there is that fee and also a small service charge...I think that each day the total is about 12 dollars...probably a little less, but I'm going from memory and it is not usually something I worry about remembering.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGator View Post
    We are staying at the Amsterdam Manor and note that they include a "19% tax and service charge". I'm curious if others know what % is tax vs "service" and what the "service" portion goes to. Ultimately I'm trying determine if we should be tipping the housekeeping staff or if I would be double tipping as it is already included in the lodging bill.
    Yes, you should still tip the housekeeping staff. They do not get any portion of the 19%.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018