Aruba Beach
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Pegmeister
  • 1 Post By Aruba4ever
  • 1 Post By Pegmeister

Thread: Another Divi BOGO Sale (booking Feb 9th-12th)

Another Divi BOGO Sale (booking Feb 9th-12th)

The Divi AI is running another buy one night, get one free stay. Booking for this sale is February 9th through the 12th for travel April 1st through December 22, 2017. Code is GLOBE18

This is for a stay of a minimum of 3 nights and a maximum of 10 nights and is also valid at the Tamarijn.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    WOW lots of sale offerings at Divi and Tam

I’ve always felt the Divi ran some really great sales. I do notice, however, there is a new kids policy for 2018. In the past kids under 17; could stay and eat for free. This year kids 5 and under are free; 6 to 12 are $50 per child and 13 and over $75 per child so it depends on your circumstances whether this would be a good sale or not.

If that's $75 per day for a teen that is NUTS IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I’ve always felt the Divi ran some really great sales. I do notice, however, there is a new kids policy for 2018. In the past kids under 17; could stay and eat for free. This year kids 5 and under are free; 6 to 12 are $50 per child and 13 and over $75 per child so it depends on your circumstances whether this would be a good sale or not.

I can see them charging for kids and teens. We've never done AI so I don't know how the price structure is developed. But it seems to me that $50 and $75 for each kid is a little much. I guess it depends on what amenities are offered to the kids and what the separate cost would be. The bottom line is it adds $350 to $525 a week per child aged 6-17. And the bottom line is what matters to a business.

The Divi goes back and forth with regards to their pricing structure for kids. Just my opinion, of course, but when kids stay free they fill the hotel but on the other hand I would think the food costs would be astronomical. Their sale is a good deal for couples or small families.

Aruba since 1979
    well.......my kid stayed there with us when he was 11 or 12 and also as a jr or sr in high school.
    the tamarijn lost $$ on him re his appetite.
    rarely were he and his buddy without a slice of pizza in hand and at least 5 or 6 or 15 virgin miami vices daily, not to mention regular meals.
    "free" certainly hurt divi's bottom line with his vacuum eating/drinking

he also participated in the windsurfing and enjoyed all that tamarijn had to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    If that's $75 per day for a teen that is NUTS IMO.

How do the Divi and Tam differ? If we are able to squeeze in a trip this year it has to be in a strict budget. We would go off property some, but I could see this being a relaxing trip if the price was right. I also think all inclusive makes sticking to a food budget a lot easier, and no cooking or effort. I am looking at several options that will work for us.
    I'm interested in the Tam because I like the set up of ground floor units in proximity to the beach. When booking is it possible to boom a ground floor unit specifically?
    Are any American beers included?

The rooms at the Tamarijn are smaller, but directly on the beach. Divi’s Beach is usually wider while Tam’s beach can have rocky spots. I don’t recall any American beers but I could be wrong. I know they had Balashi and Heineken. When booking, there is a special request field where you can make a room request. It does say room requests can’t be guaranteed, but we always got the room we asked for. The Tam has a nice beach bar and there is also the Bunker bar at the end of the beach which feels hidden away, but it’s pretty popular.