Aruba Beach

Thread: Anybody remember the Busheri?

Anybody remember the Busheri?

We honeymooned there in '94. Wondering what is at that spot now?

The building is still there,a few years back there was some talk about a Hard Rock,but nothing yet.

Bushiri was the first resort we stayed at on the island so very many years ago. We did have a great time. It's sad to see it sit empty and deteriorating. In time, it will be replaced.

I remember vividly that we had a problem with some lost luggage and a resort employee by the name of Hans that was extremely helpful. Have wondered if it might be the same Hans that now has Tropic.

Thanks for the quick replies! It's hard to tell from the maps here if there was something there or not. The Divi looked like it could have been it, but obviously not.
    I also remember Club Visage across the street (still have a T-shirt!), heard on another board it burned down...

Quote Originally Posted by wd8chl View Post
    ...heard on another board it burned down...
    There have been a couple of fires, but not fully involved. The buildings are still there.
    http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.528381&lon=-70.051467&z=18&l=0&m=a&v=2

I Stayed At The Bushiri The First Time I Visited Aruba In 1990. It Was Terrible!!! Food Was Not Good And Location Was Terrible. We Took Cabs To The High Rise Area Every Day!!! I Just Returned Weds From Aruba And The Bushiri Is Vacant And Run Down. I Do Remember Club Visage As Well!!!

Joanie A

Banned
    just to update this some more, bushiri still just sitting there and becoming overgrown and delapitated. this was in may of 2008. such a shame.