Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Anyone recently to the Occidental?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    53

    Anyone recently to the Occidental?

    Has anyone been to the Occidental latley? I see alot of reviews for other hotels but not much on this one. We already have our reservation booked but would just like to hear from even anyone who walked through the property or stayed at a hotel next to it?

  2. #2
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,691
    There are alot of recent reviews and photos on Trip Advisor:

    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...ach_Aruba.html
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    53
    That has been where I have gone latley to get info because there isn't much talk about it here. I thought I would post in the MyAruba Story to help drum up someone who has went recently but hasn't posted about their trip.

    I know people are more inclined to leave a comment if they had a bad experence more so than a good experence. So, I don't take every review to heart.

    Not sure if given the opportunity to upgrade to the Royal Club if it would be worth it? From what I have read it dosen't give you much other than a higher room and some other perks.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sgroi135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Beach!
    Posts
    493
    I am probably 99.99999999% going back to Aruba next year. Last year was our first, and I think that my family is hooked.

    I have been reading Trip Advisor alot. There are great reviews on there. You are right though, that most people do not really review the great things. Most are either GREAT or HORRIBLE. I hardly see any that are middle of the road. My past 2 vacations, Aruba this Year and Jamaica Last year. I posted what I felt was a fair review of each place.


    I was at the Radisson, but might do All-Inclusive next year.

    I know that Occidental Does Timeshares...... Are the time shares All-Inclusive also??? Maybe I will look to rent one for the week.
    Decided to take down my timer!

  5. #5
    Member me and ei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    . One Happy Island.
    Posts
    56
    I like the Occidental in fact I liked so much we bought a time share thier. We my wife and I will be going back in Aug 28 09 we are owner of a Jr suite. I enjoy being pampered and not having to reach for my pockets every time I want a drink or to eat my room has a fully stock refg. along with a mini bar. ocean and pool view, the hotel is close to everything that the wife and I like to do.
    Yes your right there aren't many reviews about the Occidental I don't know why that is but it's fine with me. P.S 4 trip to Aruba 3 stays at Occidental 1 at the Divi Village. I rather the all inclusive
    Me & Ei

    Next Aruba trip in

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by me&ei View Post
    I like the Occidental in fact I liked so much we bought a time share thier. We my wife and I will be going back in Aug 28 09 we are owner of a Jr suite. I enjoy being pampered and not having to reach for my pockets every time I want a drink or to eat my room has a fully stock refg. along with a mini bar. ocean and pool view, the hotel is close to everything that the wife and I like to do.
    Yes your right there aren't many reviews about the Occidental I don't know why that is but it's fine with me. P.S 4 trip to Aruba 3 stays at Occidental 1 at the Divi Village. I rather the all inclusive
    When you go down for your stay could you possibly find out if they are giving any deals if you buy the AI at check in? We have the option to buy the AI and not sure if we should just buy it now or when we get down there. Also, if you know th fee to upgrade to a Royal Suite that would be great.

    You can PM me or just post back here?

    Thanks!

  7. #7
    Member me and ei's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    . One Happy Island.
    Posts
    56

    Sorry did not realize the question for me ?

    Sorry did not realize the question for me haven't been on the forum but now that my trip is getting closer and closer I keep looking here. I will get that info for you I'm an owner I call it in and find out for you before the week is over. I love this place I hope you'll enjoy it too

    I know you can purchase A partial AI, 4 days minimum
    Last edited by me and ei; 08-11-2009 at 12:23 PM.
    Me & Ei

    Next Aruba trip in

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by me&ei View Post
    Sorry did not realize the question for me haven't been on the forum but now that my trip is getting closer and closer I keep looking here. I will get that info for you I'm an owner I call it in and find out for you before the week is over. I love this place I hope you'll enjoy it too

    I know you can purchase A partial AI, 4 days minimum

    If you can get me any info of what options are available for the AI that would be great. When I called the Florida office they told me that I would need to purchase the AI through them before I left other wise we couldn't get it there. I find that hard to believe since I'm sure the Aruba Hotel itself wouldn't mind making the extra money on selling the AI option.

    If you have an E-mail for someone in reservations there that would be great also. I would like to E-mail them before we leave and see if we can get a free room upgrade for our Honeymoon!

    Anything else that you can report back on would be nice.

    Enjoy your trip!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Sgroi135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Beach!
    Posts
    493
    Quote Originally Posted by RK05 View Post
    If you can get me any info of what options are available for the AI that would be great. When I called the Florida office they told me that I would need to purchase the AI through them before I left other wise we couldn't get it there. I find that hard to believe since I'm sure the Aruba Hotel itself wouldn't mind making the extra money on selling the AI option.

    If you have an E-mail for someone in reservations there that would be great also. I would like to E-mail them before we leave and see if we can get a free room upgrade for our Honeymoon!

    Anything else that you can report back on would be nice.

    Enjoy your trip!!

    I am renting a timeshare next July there. I was told by the owner that I can purchase the AI option when I get there...
    Decided to take down my timer!

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    53
    Our contract says the same thing, so I don't know why the Florida group told me that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO