Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aruba at Christmas

Aruba at Christmas

My adult daughter and I (female) would like to plan a vacation to Aruba for Christmas. It will be our first time on the island. I've read so many things about how crowded and loud Palm Beach is so I'm leaning towards Eagle Beach and/or the "low rise area". What are some of the best hotels for adults that are not "couples" desinations? Also, I read on one of the posts not to arrive the Saturday before Christmas. Since Christmas is a Tuesday this year, do you recommend arriving on Sunday or Friday (to avoid Saturday)? This forum is a wonderful resource - thank you!

Aruba since 1979
    i welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

Palm Beach is really quite a "happening scene"......lots to do and lots to see.yes, congested and noisier on the beach. many love that section, many prefer other areas. that being said, consider the radisson and the westin for nice hotels in that area on palm beach.

now, on to the lo rise/eagle beach.

there is divi all inclusive and tamarijn all inclusive if you are set on an all inclusive experience. both nice properties with adequate (although not gourmet) food/restaurants. both resorts very casual and NICE!

there is the Manchebo which is very nice and on a large section of Eagle Beach.
    Amsterdam Manor which is a very pretty property and has apartment style units........very nice!

there are a bunch of timeshares along eagle beach (lo rise) which can be rented on a weekly basis. check out the timeshare category here for rentals or go to redweek.com

timeshares.......divi golf villas, divi village, divi dutch village, costa linda, la quinta, paradise beach villas, casa del mar, lacabana, tropicana, aruba beach club.

downtown is something you may want to consider

Renaissance Marina Tower or Renaissance Ocean Suites
    nice location right there near the main cruise port and the perks of the use of the private island.

arriving on a friday,saturday or sunday before christmas will be busy. but, it is not a real deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrka View Post
    My adult daughter and I (female) would like to plan a vacation to Aruba for Christmas. It will be our first time on the island. I've read so many things about how crowded and loud Palm Beach is so I'm leaning towards Eagle Beach and/or the "low rise area". What are some of the best hotels for adults that are not "couples" desinations? Also, I read on one of the posts not to arrive the Saturday before Christmas. Since Christmas is a Tuesday this year, do you recommend arriving on Sunday or Friday (to avoid Saturday)? This forum is a wonderful resource - thank you!

Welcome to the forum.

Christmas in Aruba is unforgettable joy.

From past experience, liked Andrea said, avoid travel on Saturday, Sunday, Friday and Monday before Christmas in that order.

If you can depart for Aruba on Thursday even better. Depending upon the resort, you could get away with not paying the "high season/Christmas rate" until the Saturday night of your stay. For two nights, that could be a significant savings.

Thank you for your help! We made reservations in the lo rise area and we're very excited about our trip!! Since we'll be visiting Aruba during Christmas, I'm hoping you have some recommendations for where to enjoy Christmas dinner? I'm assuming reservations will be required and I would like to be able to do that soon.

Aruba since 1979
    Christmas dinner at madam janette is fabulous. Make Christmas dinner reservation soon as not to be disappointed.

Actually, make all your reservations NOW or you might be disappointed. Many places closed Dec. 25th and 26th. Christmas week is very busy and getting dinner reservations once you are there can be a frustrating and disappointing experience.

Investigate places you would like to go through this website and start emailing places. Many, if not all, will require credit card holds during this time of year.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Will places around the island be decorated for Christmas during the entire month of December like many places here in the states do?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    lots of places will begin decorating at thanksgiving time.

the hotels/resorts and restaurants will all be decorated, maybe not as much as places do here in the usa, but it is done up nice.

we have been to aruba over christmas about 6 times in the past 8 years.we love it at christmas time!

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Will places around the island be decorated for Christmas during the entire month of December like many places here in the states do?

Thanks Andrea! This post got me thinking since will be there the first week maybe we can get a good Christmas card picture!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    my favorite decorating is at divi village

it is tasteful and not ornate

very pretty lights

lots of places where you will get some lovely photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Thanks Andrea! This post got me thinking since will be there the first week maybe we can get a good Christmas card picture!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast