Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aruba Comfort Suites What is this? Where is this?

It is my understanding and by looking at the map that this will be the area
    by the talk of the town. That is where the Havana Club and the old Marandi
    restaurant was. The marandi staff had told me they had to move their place because of a resort being built there years ago when they moved.

Looking at the map it would not be morgan's park because it would be right
    off the roundabout not on the other side of it.

http://www.cparch.com/portfolio_deta...al=58&galcat=5
    (Map on 2nd screen)

It's def. not the bushiri because that is still in the Aruban court system and ownership of the property is in dispute.

This one just 'popped up' on the radar and no press is talking about it.

Question

The site plan for the Comfort Suites shows no water whereas the Ritz shows it distinctly being on the water.

Comfort Suites below

Ritz Carlton below

EDIT: you guys beat me to it while I was looking at google earth.
    Last edited by Chadd; 11-05-2010 at 12:14 PM.

Banned
    My swimming pool with a 7/7 or in my boat with a fishing rod looking in at Malmok.
    I am pretty sure that the above is not correct for 2 reasons:

The Havana building have just been sold and the new owners are investing a lot of money at the moment renovating and putting in several new ventures. The first one Nikky Beach is already up and running as a Beach Bar and looks pretty cool.

Secondly the drawing above does not match the area at all. There is now "dogleg" right on that road leading from the roundabout (and no room to make one) and no drainage canal + other inconsistencies.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure it is somewhere else.

Where is a very good question as the drawing does not match up with any of the roundabouts on LG Smith Blv.

(Theoretically it could be placed in between Havana and Talk of the town, which would explain that they have not shown beach/water on the drawing, and assuming that they just made the drawing wrong).

Carsten
    Last edited by Schnauzerjoy; 11-05-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Okay, would it match up if it were closer to the road away from the beach club and closer to the end of the airport runway???

It's not the bushiri - latest court ruling. Translated from Dutch to English - tried to clean it up a little. Again - would not be shown as a comfort inn
    if developed by this group.

Attachment removed Bushiri
    5 Nov, 2010, 14:25 (GMT -04:00)
    November 5, 2010, 14:25 (GMT -04:00)

Email dit artikel
    Email this article
    Print this article
    The seizure of the Bushiri hotel ordered by the judge lifted.
    ORANJESTAD .
    ORANGE CITY - Developer Fresnos / Trusam Bushiri must be completed at the hotel lift. This court decided yesterday in the lawsuit by the Aruban government and Baron Investment was brought.

According to the verdict shows the U.S. government and the developer with whom they are in negotiations to acquire the hotel Bushiri their right to the batter to raise. There is no question of a binding agreement that is signed by the parties, called the Aruban government and Fresnos / Trusam. The Spanish group has drawn up the 2007 lease agreement was never signed.This may require no supply of land through a seizure, said the judge. Fresnos / Trusam indicated that although during treatment, although they had not signed the lease agreement, there is continuous contact with the Aruban government until December 2009, something the government also denies.According to one developer had gone so far that in September 2009 an agreement in principle between the Aruban government, Fresnos / Trusam, Aruba Ports Authority (APA) and hotel chain Sol Melia on the table.
    Container Port in 2007 offered the lease agreement obviously not signed, in anticipation that the government would provide clarity about how to move the container port of Aruba Ports Authority (APA), which is adjacent to the hotel. Fresnos / Trusam container port would not have, right next to the five-star hotel that the developer wanted to build for the Spanish chain Sol Melia. In addition, a portion of the site where the container port, hotel grounds are. Fresnos / Trusam According to the court itself indicated the offer of the Government to sign the lease agreement is still not to have accepted. Self said Fresnos / Trusam also not a new condition for the potential signing of the lease agreement. There was, said the court, and therefore no agreement has Fresnos / Trusam no entitlement to the land lease. Incidentally, the verdict that there is no evidence that the country prior to the auction had given assurances that the container port would be moved. Fresnos / Trusam had however been argued in its correspondence with the Aruban government and during the session, through attorney David Kock. The judge indicates that the text of the quotes from 2006 where Fresnos / Trusam participated and finally as the winner of the award came from the bus, the removal of the container port to Barcadera intention merely indicated.
    Fresnos / Trusam claimed in court that the Aruban government agreement in principle in September 2009 would still sign it. The judge rejected this by hand, given that neither party has signed and that Fresnos / Trusam no form of agreement on the content of the agreement by the parties concerned could provide. The new Tourism Minister, after the change of government would not sign the agreement and also pointed to the APA manual. The text of the agreement also shows that not Fresnos / Trusam entitled to any delivery of the government.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12