Aruba Beach

Thread: Aruba Sunset Beach Studios in Malmok

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.

Aruba Sunset Beach Studios in Malmok

Good morning everyonee,

I hope all my American friends on the bb had a great Independence Day yesterday.

We are headed back to Aruba in the early fall of 2013. We are looking at the above-captioned studios as an alternative to The Mill and Amstedam Manor.

I'd just like to know if any of you have ever stayed there, and if so, what you thought of it.

Have good one,

Glenn

Arashi Beach, Boca Catalina Beach, Light house
    Hello Glenn,
    I can report on Aruba Sunset Beach Studios. We stayed there for a couple of nights in April. I thought it was a very nice place. The rooms are a little dated....but honestly we were not even there very much. Wounderful view from the Oceanview rooms!! The owners are very very friendly!
    The only negative is if you are not renting a car it is a mile or so... from the main "strip" (we have family on the island that let us a car) The thing we liked is that it is very laid back..... and away from the busy part of the island.

---Chad

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Hi Chad,

Thank you for your reply.

We don't mind if the rooms are a bit dated. Our main criteria in looking at any place to stay are; air conditioning, reasonably well-equiped kitchen (not just appliances and utensils but the proper location of electrical outlets) a walk-in shower and ease of parking. Sounds like the owners are pretty nice people. Friendly, efficient, hands-on management by owners is always a bonus.

We always rent a car in Aruba so the fact that it's a little ways away from the attractions of the high-rise district or Oranjestad is no big deal.

Regards,

Glenn

We stayed there a couple years ago and had a nice time. It was a very communal atmosphere with most of the guests gathering to talk and have a couple drinks, then watch the sunset together before going our own ways for dinner most nights. We didn't stay in the house, so I can only speak to the actual studios in the back. It was a walk in shower and the kitchen had a stove top but was very small and not something I would want to use to make a full meal. I do not recall an oven, though there was a microwave. It was nicer than the sea breeze, but I doubt we'll rent one of the studios in the back again. Perhaps one of the apartments in the house itself, as the location is very convenient if you have a car. I really liked not having to wait for an elevator and walk across a couple acres of parking lot to get to the car.

Sunset Beach Studios

Glenn

Just wanted to give you some information about Sunset. We are stay there in

September this will be least the 10 time we stay there. I would ask for Unit #2

as it in thje front and faces the water and you would have a great view. They also

have two gas grills so if you want to cook there, Hot Tub and always GREAT

STAFF.

Kevin

Good morning,

Thanks to everyone for their input.

We hope to go in September 2013, so we'll contact them later this year to make arrangements.

I imagine there are other similar types of places in and around Malmok, just in case Aruba Sunset Beach Studios has no vacancy at that time.

Another question about the place. I've been going to Aruba, on and off since 1980 and because Aruba is a Dutch island, I have been learning a little bit of Dutch over the years, but of course here in Canada, I don't have many opportunities to practice. Are the owner from The Netherlands and/or are most of the guests from there as well? My wife doesn't speak any Dutch.

Thanks to everyone for their help with this.

Glenn

Hi Glenn

I just wanted to let you know that the owners a Dutch but speak english along with all the staff. Most of the guess when we ahve been there in September also speak english. I think you would have a great time and maybe we will see you there.

Kevin & Linda Lyons