Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aruba Surf Club

Aruba Surf Club

Hi everyone. I'm new to this board, and posted last week regarding all-inclusives with children and got alot of great responses. I'm hoping you can help me again! I did finally book our trip, but switched to a 1 bedroom villa at the Marriott Surf Club (we got a preview special and the price was great), but I've never stayed at a timeshare property so I have alot of questions. I know you don't get housekeeping services at timeshares, but will I be able to get clean towels, empty garbage if necessary, etc?? And would that be for an extra fee? Is there a fee to use the fitness center? And does anyone know anything about their kids club? I have two kids, 6 and 3 and I'm hoping there will be enough activities to keep them busy! Also, does anyone know how much money it will cost for a cab from the airport to the resort? And my last question is about the delivery of groceries - can I place the order the day before I leave from home so that I can have the groceries there when I arrive?

I know this is alot of questions! I really appreciate any info you have! Thanks!

I have a TS at the Surf Club for the past 4 years and I'll try to answer as many of your questions as I can. The Surf Club includes 1 mid week thorough cleaning as part of the cost which includes fresh towels, emptying the garbage, etc. You can order additional cleanings at a cost if you want. The garbage room is down the hall on the way to the elevator, so its easy top drop off on the way out. They provide the dishes, cookware, utensils, dishwasher soap, paper towels that you should need for the week. We usually have 1-2 extra cleanings done, especially if our kids are with us. You get fresh beach towels (free) daily at the pool.

As far as groceries, I would go to Lings-probably a 10 minute/$10 cab ride- for groceries as their web delivery service has limited items. If you buy most of what you need when you get there you can fill in in the local places including the shopping mart in the lobby for milk, etc. The fitness center is free-you only need your room key to get in- and it was expanded last year. They do have a kids club but I'm not sure what it offers as our kids are "fully grown"-maybe someone else can provide that info to you.

The facilities are great and I'm sure you will have a great time!
    Last edited by jeffnev; 01-11-2011 at 05:31 PM.

The daily kids activity schedule is the same each week so you can call and have them e-mail or fax it to you. Ask them to also send you the Surf Club weekly activity schedule as there will be many family activities too. Movie night (outside under the palms) and the like.

Pack floats for the kids or yourselves. There is air compressors available to pump them up and you'll save lots not renting them. I own next door at the Ocean Club and am not sure where they are at the Surf Club, but if need be pump them up at the Ocean Club towel hut.

Airport to Surf Club taxi is $25 plus $2 per bag for more than 2 bags (purses and backpacks are free) and $10 each way to the Grocery Store.

Staying at a TS with kids will soooo spoil you. Breakfast in-room and lunch too if you like.
    Last edited by jdoll; 01-11-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Thumbs up

You will love Marriott Surf Club and the kids to ,bring folder cooler from home ,they ice is free one all event number floor . this way could bring drink at the beach and pool make your own drink ,and snack If you want you can use they charcoal for lunch make hamburger or hot dog bread for hot dog is different .Bring our own float you buy at walmart for 2.00 over there is 10.00 .for the kids they have a day care cost money $$$$they have lunch with it ,
    the kid will be so happy over there you probley wiil be with them all the time on the pool lazer pool ect,that place is paradis for adult and kids .One time share you have every thing except for salt and peper bring some the one you are trowing out from home ,You have come once on 7 days or you can paid for everyday If you rent from the Marriott you do have one everyday or if you rent from a owner you have once and the middle your stay is free . they grocerie is great at Lingsond If you are drinking hard liqueur by it at they airport before you board or one your intersection .,Wine you get some all different price good one to at the grocerie .In the bar or restaurent The liqueur is very expensif evey where you going .Any more question be free.Enjoy aruba

You don't paid for trash bag and dish washer you ask the maid if you are running out she will give you more ,they are very good you always see some one your floor they are cleaning other room and ask .
    You don't paid for gym they have towel over there to .You have fresh beach towel every day ....Went are you going to aruba ?
    You don't need to rent for papalla on the beach you use they event number they are free .
    enjoy Ginette

kids program

Quote Originally Posted by jflo11 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm new to this board, and posted last week regarding all-inclusives with children and got alot of great responses. I'm hoping you can help me again! I did finally book our trip, but switched to a 1 bedroom villa at the Marriott Surf Club (we got a preview special and the price was great), but I've never stayed at a timeshare property so I have alot of questions. I know you don't get housekeeping services at timeshares, but will I be able to get clean towels, empty garbage if necessary, etc?? And would that be for an extra fee? Is there a fee to use the fitness center? And does anyone know anything about their kids club? I have two kids, 6 and 3 and I'm hoping there will be enough activities to keep them busy! Also, does anyone know how much money it will cost for a cab from the airport to the resort? And my last question is about the delivery of groceries - can I place the order the day before I leave from home so that I can have the groceries there when I arrive?

I know this is alot of questions! I really appreciate any info you have! Thanks!
    We stayed at the Surf Club for a week last August and will be back this summer again. We rented directly from Marriott so had housekeeping included every day (new towels, cleaning, etc.) We used the gym every day, you can go in with your room key. We used the kids club several mornings (you pay by the 1/2 day, morning or afternoon, or full day). It is $25 per child, per 1/2 day and $55 for a full day. They also give you a $30 1/2 day option that includes lunch, but we didn't do that. There were VERY few kids participating...my son played Wii a lot and my daughter mostly colored. They did bake cookies one day, and fed iguanas another. I think the most kids that were there were maybe 5...and the resort was PACKED. So, most kids are not going to the camp. There are also some paid activities occasionally, like necklace making for $6 one afternoon. Hope this helps!

Thanks everyone for all of your responses. It's very helpful. We are going April 30 to May 4 - only 4 nights 5 days. I actually rented directly from the Marriott also - I got a great price (only $598) for the 5 days in a 1 bedroom villa but we have to do a 90 minute presentation which I don't think should be a big deal. Since I rented directly from them will I get daily housekeeping? I didn't know the kitchen was stocked with everything including paper towels - thats really great! I was planning on getting just a few things for food (not really planning to do meats or anything), maybe just cereal, chips, waffles, water - stuff like that. Should I go to Lings or just buy it from the store at the Marriott? Also do they have the cups you buy and then get free refills with soda for the length of your stay? Thanks again for all the info!

Aruba since 1979
    for an additional charge you will get daily housekeeping......you must request it.

the marriott convenience store is incredibly expensive (my opinion) and it would be worth it to take a trip to the grocery store.

Thanks everyone for all of your responses. It's very helpful. We are going April 30 to May 4 - only 4 nights 5 days. I actually rented directly from the Marriott also - I got a great price (only $598) for the 5 days in a 1 bedroom villa but we have to do a 90 minute presentation which I don't think should be a big deal. Since I rented directly from them will I get daily housekeeping? I didn't know the kitchen was stocked with everything including paper towels - thats really great! I was planning on getting just a few things for food (not really planning to do meats or anything), maybe just cereal, chips, waffles, water - stuff like that. Should I go to Lings or just buy it from the store at the Marriott? Also do they have the cups you buy and then get free refills with soda for the length of your stay? Thanks again for all the info!
    We got daily housekeeping at no charge by renting directly from them. We brought food, and also took a bus to the grocery store to pick up additional items. I was very happy to have simple things in the room for lunch (like tuna, turkey, pb&J) and breakfast (pancakes, eggs & bacon, cereal) and snacks instead of trying to eat out every meal. We ate dinner in the room 1x (chicken and rice and salads) and the rest out. They don't have refillable cups...we bought soda at the grocery store and then a few times at the hotel market. I want to say a diet dr. pepper was just over $1 so not bad at all. The water in the room is EXCELLENT (and they give you a big pitcher to keep in the fridge) so we also made things like iced tea, lemonade, etc.)

I do believe you will have maid service daily under the tour/presentation program. TS guest owning or trading into the Surf or Ocean Club only receive the 1 mid-week cleaning free of charge.

The market at the Clubs are a bit pricey and you are staying long enough I would think making the trip to Lings would be worth while. No free refill cups.

The 90 minute presentation takes 150 minutes to get out of there so consider that when you schedule your appointment.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast