Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avoid staying at The Mill, if you can

Angry Avoid staying at The Mill, if you can

If you do not want to catch pneumonia in the hottest month of the year, avoid THE MILL.
    We stayed there last August. The 1st night we were given a room that seemed like it was going to snow at any moment, it was so cold we could not believe it. "Someone left the airco to the maximum level by mistake" we thought ,so we lowered it and went to bed. When we woke up the whole room was damped with water and it seemed like it was raining because of all the drops falling from the ceiling. We asked for another room as it was impossible to continue staying there and to our susprise they gave us another freezing room that felt as if it was was below 0 in temperature. I said that was outrageous, that we didn't come all the way from Europe to the Caribbean to get cold, specially with a 3-year-old baby. Now, can you believe what they replied? "We have a problem with the airco controller and the room must be kept at this temperature or you must turn the airco off completely, we can provide you with extra blankets if you wish and even a small coat for the baby. Please be aware that if you lower the temperature as you did in the previous room , water condensation will occur and we will have to charge you for that" What!!!????? I was sooooo shocked and amazed that at 1st all I could do was laugh my heart out and after that I went directly to look for the manager and "shared" my opinion about the hotel and service.
    Fortunately that didn't ruin our stay in Aruba because other pleasant experiences made us forget it, yet we still can't believe that someone have the nerve to tell you to put on a coat to your baby because you're forced to sleep inside a refrigerator with the shape of a hotel in the Caribbean in August and on top , paying for it!!!!!!

It is just amazing! I would not recommend that hotel to anyone, well, if you come from Siberia maybe you'll find it cozy and warm, who knows
    Last edited by fromspain; 03-08-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    yikes

That is crazy, and hopefully they fixed the problem or they loose business. Glad u had fun anyway.

yep

Thank you for the sympathy. The truth is I hardly remembered that epidose because we had such a great time in Aruba that decided not to give it too much importance.... until today a girl narrated her experience in another forum about Aruba, it was about The Mill Resort and how she got sick from the mold in the bathroom and how her husband found cockroaches all over the room and the hotel. They even took some dead cockroaches and showed them to the manager
    Then I remembered my own experience and agrrr, I also remembered how I felt sleeping in that little freezing hell it was our room.

I did not find any cockroaches though but come to think of it, our room was sooo cold that it must have kept them busy somewhere else
    Last edited by fromspain; 03-08-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Banned
    A friend of mine rents out her villa on the island. When she has it rented to full capacity, she and her husband like to move out of their unit and find a resort to stay. They've stayed at many places on the island....one that they told me never to consider is "The Mill". Very bad experience.

Absolutely the worst customer service of anywhere I've stayed on the island. Would only go back in an emergency for a day or two.

You get what you pay for.

Aruba since 1979
    unfortunately that seems to ring true with the comments we have been hearing.

there is no excuse though, poor customer service....cold air temps in rooms....

how is the cleanliness of the place?

nel;198152]You get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

I'm stay in Savaneta in Aruba. But last week I had a friend who stayed at the Mill (She Own a time share there). For me to come and visit her for the day (Not spend the night). They told her she would have to pay $10.00. Now mind you she own a time share there and her room can accommodate up to 6 people.

She and I was not very happy about that. Management finally changed their mind about the fee after she ripped them a new one.

Angry Beware of their website misinformation!

We stayed at the Mill last year, the service was marginal at best. The beds were like sleeping on rocks. But I expected that we would get what we paid for. We rebooked again this year and discovered despite their website stating free wifi in the lobby that there is now a fee of $10 a day or $35 for the week. I have never heard of such a thing. In this day and age wifi is an amenity everywhere you go..well escept The Mill. This will be our last year here. I would rather take my business elsewhere. I find it funny that tourism is their business, yet they are not keeping up with the times. Disappointing!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast