Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~Amy~®

Thread: Barcelo Group Purchasing Occidental Hotels

Barcelo Group Purchasing Occidental Hotels

~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I don't know anything about Barcelo Group, but maybe this is good for that property. I've heard "not so good" things about Occidental in recent years.

Aruba since 1979
    the Barcelo is quite nice......at least the one in the DR where we stayed a few years ago was very nice and the food was top notch.

The Barcelo Resorts are all-inclusive resorts - you'll find alot of them in Mexico. They are a very good brand/good quailty and definitely a step or two above the Occidental chain so I can see them doing alot of upgrades/improvements to the Occidental resorts.
    ~Amy~® - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    The Barcelo Resorts are all-inclusive resorts - you'll find alot of them in Mexico. They are a very good brand/good quailty and definitely a step or two above the Occidental chain so I can see them doing alot of upgrades/improvements to the Occidental resorts.
    If they have to be there, may as well do it "right".

Are Barcelo's considered 4 or 5 star resorts? Are Riu 4 star?

Riu's have different levels of resorts - anywhere from 3-star to 5-star. The Riu Palace "level" is generally considered 5-star.

Barceló is the same way - anywhere from 3 star (those are mainly in Costa Rica) to the newer 4 and 5 star resorts in MX and DR.