Aruba Beach
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By nancyg56
  • 2 Post By Susan&Sunshine

Thread: Barcelo Help

Barcelo Help

Hi there! It has been 25 years since I visited Aruba. My husband and I spent our honeymoon at The Americana, and now after 25 years of mostly bliss LOL! We are returning, but with our family. I have booked Bucelo, Royal Palm level Master Suite, and once I get the go ahead from my oldest son and daughter in law, I will book another room for them.

The reviews are all over the place for this resort, and while we are still going with it, I was hoping for feedback from folks who have been there and can give me tips to help ensure that we skip the bumps that I see in the negative reviews.

I thank you in advance for any help you give me.

How amazing to return after so many years! Can't wait to hear your own review - I'm sure you will get some great feedback from those who have stayed at Barcelo. Enjoy!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by nancyg56 View Post
    Hi there! It has been 25 years since I visited Aruba. My husband and I spent our honeymoon at The Americana, and now after 25 years of mostly bliss LOL! We are returning, but with our family. I have booked Bucelo, Royal Palm level Master Suite, and once I get the go ahead from my oldest son and daughter in law, I will book another room for them.

The reviews are all over the place for this resort, and while we are still going with it, I was hoping for feedback from folks who have been there and can give me tips to help ensure that we skip the bumps that I see in the negative reviews.

I thank you in advance for any help you give me.

By the way, the place you stay on your Honeymoon ( The Americana) now is Barcelo. Barcelo is relatively new owner, but The grounds are very nice and they made some renovation indoor as well. I hope you will enjoy your reunion with Aruba. Enjoy!

Thank you! WE are so much looking forward to this trip. We are pretty much a Disney family and are familiar with that vacation destination, so I feel a little overwhelmed planning this trip. I had three children when we married, but my husband considers them his and was so happy when they and their families wanted to join us. While we tend to travel with some of them, this will be the first time we are all together as a family on vacation. I know perfect is not a reasonable expectation, but awesome??? I hope so!

We also stayed in the Americana back in the day. We walked through the Barcelo on our last visit. It looks very nice and was happening. Poolside music and had a lively, young vibe. Not spring break lively but, upbeat. Security hangs out on the path to ensure people going on to the property belong there. We entered from the front to drop off our rental car. There are a lot of services inside. We walked through the hotel to the boardwalk.