Aruba Beach

Thread: Beach at marriott

Beach at marriott

Whats up with the beach my friend just came back from a week at the surf. She said the beach is all rough and shells and rocks everywhere with a deep dip to get in th water...having a tough time getting in and out????
    Also people fighting about huts..what the heck.......Anyone else had this problem recently;.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

If I'm not mistaking there has been some huge waves recently so that's probably what "changed" the beach.... But with time it will all come back to normal
    Last edited by qlaval; 01-19-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: spelling...
    Pierre

For whatever reason, every time you get large waves from the Ocean (as I guess it has been described as high tides) which is unusual for this area, there forms a bit of a "lip" getting in and out of the ocean which is full of shells, etc. It does make things more difficult but within a day or so when the ocean calms down it returns back to normal. Don't worry!

What is more interesting to me is WHAT ARE THEY FIGHTING ABOUT?? I would love to know what the issues with the huts are...again! Can you expand?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I guess people purchased their huts and while in the water or walking people without huts set up chairs and were basically in the shade of the hut (like further back a little) so not real happy little squabble.I guess they finally moved... and then other people with the chairs with covers on top were an issue.... well hopefully I am there shortly so can't wait to report back.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

We are staying at the Marriott on 1/30 for a week--is this about the huts at the hotel or timeshare?? My husband needs shade so wonder what the cost is and do you arrange for one of these when you check in??

We stayed at the Marriott from 1/11-1/18. At the beginning of the week, the beach had some big waves which made the "lip" bigger than usual, and there were lots of shells and coral. By the time we left, the water was completely back to normal.
    For the record, the Hotel now reserves 6 front row palapas, which you can reserve for 3 days at a time, for $25 per day. This includes 2 bottles of water.
    The rest of the palapas are available on a first come, first served basis. We didn't see any fighting while we were there!
    Hope this helps! Have a great time!

Unfortunatley, the fighting is usually at the timeshares!

You need to arrange the huts yourself, however, at the SC there are lots of Bimini's (chairs with little roofs for shade, they are great) but you can not place them at the front by the ocean. This is a new rule which was done for two reasons: the roofs made them like kites and they caught the wind at the front and literally would go flying and hurt people and they also took up too much room when people would put the roofs down.

For the huts: Half of the huts are for a cost ($15 and $10 depending on placement) and half for free. The paid huts reservations are open from 8am to 3pm daily. You can only book for two days in a row and you have to wait for another two days (this allows others to be able utilize the huts) to use a hut.

The huts that are free are split in half. One half of the huts you can reserve each morning for the day at 7am, the other half of huts you can reserve at 4pm the day before for the following day. You need to do this on a daily basis.

HUTS...........
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents