Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Beach At the Tamrjin

Beach At the Tamrjin

I know it can change from day to day but has anyone been there lately, we are going in 35 days.

Thanks

Druif Beach, Divi Divi AI, Red Sail Sports, Black Pearl

Tam Can't Touch Divi Beach...

Quote Originally Posted by agill72 View Post
    I know it can change from day to day but has anyone been there lately, we are going in 35 days.

Thanks
    I took a walk to Tam from Divi to see if we would want to go there or to the property in general and in comparison, no. The beach was far smaller in width from water to hotel. Most people sat outside their rooms. There were alot of clothes lines hung up at the Tam and frankly, coming from Jersey, it felt like Seaside at night at the Tam during day (if you have ever been you know what I mean). The Divi is night and day more relaxed and less confined. The beach at the Divi blows the DOORS (or the Sand??) off of the Tam. I simply went to a Tam bar for an Aruba Ariba for my return walk (have to stay hydrated...) and never returned to the Tam. You can't compare the properties. Tam is just not as nice in my opinion and if felt bad for those that decided to spend their time at the Tam beach....when Divi's best on Aruba was a short walk away...

Aruba since 1979
    you sort of make it sound like the Tam is the projects.
    respectfully, i disagree with you.
    my husband, son and myself often stayed at Tamarijn pre timeshare for 3 nights or post timeshare for 3 nights and a few Easter weeks over the years.

clothes lines? i have never seen a clothes line at the Tamarijn.
    i have seen towels and bathing suits draped over chairs and railing at both resorts.......drying in the sun and breeze.

imo, the Tamarijn was more "kid friendly" than the Divi.

we love both properties.

Quote Originally Posted by jabooty View Post
    I took a walk to Tam from Divi to see if we would want to go there or to the property in general and in comparison, no. The beach was far smaller in width from water to hotel. Most people sat outside their rooms. There were alot of clothes lines hung up at the Tam and frankly, coming from Jersey, it felt like Seaside at night at the Tam during day (if you have ever been you know what I mean). The Divi is night and day more relaxed and less confined. The beach at the Divi blows the DOORS (or the Sand??) off of the Tam. I simply went to a Tam bar for an Aruba Ariba for my return walk (have to stay hydrated...) and never returned to the Tam. You can't compare the properties. Tam is just not as nice in my opinion and if felt bad for those that decided to spend their time at the Tam beach....when Divi's best on Aruba was a short walk away...

When we first stayed at the Tamarijn we feared the worst. Akin to what what described by jabooty. Though the Tamairjn and Divi are both "only" 3 star properties, we felt they were an excellent value for the money.

My dh and I have gone back and forth numerous times on whether to pay the extra money to stay at the Divi for a bit more luxurious "looking" facilities and amenities. To be frank the outside of their buildings SCREAM 1950 architecture
    , but staying at the Divi I would overlook the architecture .

Always in the end, for dh and I, the Tamarijn's LARGEST attraction is an oceanfront room- slide open the door and you are on the beach. No need for a luxurious room or even a suite. The beach IS our accommodation.

Most people sat outside their rooms.

Our living room on vacation is the patio and beach beyond.

For more money I can have a garden view at the Divi. We prefer the oceanfront scenery at the Tamarijn.

There were alot of clothes lines hung up at the Tam and frankly, coming from Jersey, it felt like Seaside at night at the Tam during day (if you have ever been you know what I mean).
    I grew up 6 miles from Seaside Heights, in a place called Mantoloking , so know of what you refer. Are you referring to the class of people at the Tamarijn? If so I am insulted.

Our family has stayed at the Tamarijn 4 times, one fewer time than we have stayed at the Radisson. We have never been asked to leave either resort.

The clotheslines though unsightly could just as easily be present at the Divi. We have never seen it. Perhaps it was the time of year that you traveled? FWIW, I have also stayed at the other resorts such as the Radisson and Hyatt where you could find people hanging clothes out on their balconies to dry.

People do not realize that hanging stuff outside is not only unsightly, but garments dry quicker indoors in the air conditioning than outdoors in the humidity.

Thank you everyone but no one told me if the beach is in or out at this time. this is my 6th time back to Aruba and the 5th time to the Tam we love the relaxed feel and the people most of all.

Druif Beach, Divi Divi AI, Red Sail Sports, Black Pearl
    To be clear, I was NOT making comment about the "class of people" as it would suggest I am better than another human being. I was making (apparently unclear) point that when I walked to property, there were in fact, people very close to each other all over and it was louder (if only that day I walked through). The clothes on the line was not just one room. I am not exaggerating when I say more than 10 and it just struck me like an apartment building look, verses island appeal. I apologize if I offended and I recognize that one (walkthrough) visit does not represent reality of positive experiences of those of you that stayed at property, multiple times. It was just my response to question that I thought was asking for differences between the two beaches. I honestly looked at the Tam beach (more rocks, less beach) and thought Divi was much nicer beach. If the question on whether the beach is "In or out", means has ocean taken more sand, I can't imagine the sand being much farther in...the Tam property seemed on waters edge, much, much more so than Divi, which I consider nicely situated to water. I'm sure many would walk down to Divi and what I enjoy would make them walk back to Tam happy.

we stayed at the tam on our last visit in july.....yes there were a lot of clothslines....lol..one person did it then everyone else seemed to think it was the thing to do. lol we have also stayed at the divi golf...we loved the fact that at the tam we could just walk right out onto the beach.

Again I am just trying to find out about the beach, this is my 5th time there and I love everything about the TAM, I guess I will find out when I get there.
    Thanks for nothing.

Aruba since 1979
    i am sorry you did not get any reply that you were looking for.
    sometimes folks need to post things which are not quite on topic......but still on topic enough to allow no moderation.

yes, apparently you will find out when you get there.

i hope the TAM's beach is what you hope for.
    Quote Originally Posted by agill72 View Post
    Again I am just trying to find out about the beach, this is my 5th time there and I love everything about the TAM, I guess I will find out when I get there.
    Thanks for nothing.

Hi just wondering do they have chairs on the beach for you outside your room at the Tam or do you go get them? and do they have huts (can't remember the proper name) also to sit on for each room? thanks for your help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast