Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Beach At the Tamrjin

At the end of each day the chaises are piled up near each of the buildings. If the "pile" is not close to your room, you will not need to walk far to get to it.

There are a few palapas outside of each room. If you need to know the exact number you can go to my photos and start at building 1200 and count them
    http://www.arubabound.com/photos/htl...g1100_1300.htm This was one of the reasons why I took photos of the beachside, outside of each building.

I never cared for the beach at the Tam, but if it is a great value to stay there then you can always go to a better part of the beach or go down to Palm beach............ Either way I am sure you will have a great vacation. Aruba my favorite island in the Caribbean!!!!!!!!

There are chairs for each room on your balcony or terrace so no need to go get them! however the tikki huts are not one per room, but there are some, and depending on what time you hit the beach you should be able to find one - no guarantee though!

enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by shariuno View Post
    There are chairs for each room on your balcony or terrace so no need to go get them!
    Just to clarify, there are chairs but no chaise lounges.

Hi,
    We were just there in September for our 8th visit to the Tam. The beach although not nearly as wide as by the Divi was still very nice. We were able to walk from the our room at the very end (nearest the public beach) to the Bunker bar and beyond without very many rock obstacles. I always don't think the surf is as rough by the Tam on those kind of days.

As far as chairs go..they are always stacked in the morning, so it is basicly first come first serve on those. The few huts that are there are just outside the lower level rooms and are always snapped up by those guests.

Both hotels and staff and the ultimate in friendliness. So we really have the best of both worlds when you stay at either resort.

The tam has those huts, its like most places in the fact that u need to grab em early. Your patio will have two regular chairs, but u will not wana drag em to the beach. They do not have a hut per room, but there are a lot of open huts across from the snorkle place near the rock climbing wall.

Looks likes this thread maybe old, but I just came back from two weeks at the divi. I went to the tam several times. Both places r really nice. I do like the divi beach much better, it is longer and they clean it every morning. The rocks @ the tam don't allow the beach cleaning machine, aka beach zamboni to run. Don't get me wong, both places r nice. I would prefer the divi, but next time I think I will stay at the tam. All of the tam's rooms r beach front and its a bit cheaper. Either place would b just fine, I would love to have that true beach front place @ the tam

I hope I can get back next november, got the dates picked just waiting for airfair to b posted, gotta save up cash, wife and 2 kids, airfair is the killer.

I'd like to weigh in on this, if I may. The Lady and I have done the journey to paradise together 11 times so far, that's once a year, and she's done 6 more trips on top of that. I've never stayed anywhere other than the Tam, so perhaps I'm a bit biased, she stayed at the Americana (nostalgia for some here) once, discovered the Tamarijn and hasn't left.

It's understandable. It's the atmosphere, the staff. No, not 5 star, but why attempt to have a 5 star with kids running all over? Seriously.

The architecture, that's part of the charm. Not everyone wishes to live in a high-rise while on vacation. We kind of figure, if you're there for the beach and sun, be somewhere with ready access to it. As in, The Tamarijn.

The beach... constantly a point of contention. The fact is, it changes daily. Seriously. There's proof enough of this all the time, ask the staff at the hotel. It's Mother Nature's gift to us so we don't get bored looking at the same scenery all the time.

Chaise lounges.... sort of. Those mesh lounges all over the beach, which as mentioned are stacked every evening. Are they on the patios? No, and they're not supposed to be. There are chairs there for the rooms' inhabitants, and frankly, taking the beach chair into your room or onto your patio or balcony is just, well, rude. They're there for everyone to utilize. Stashing it on your patio/balcony (yes, I've seen many on the second floor do it) is not polite.
    Sharing. Perhaps that's the key....

One question, regarding this one... "The Divi is night and day more relaxed and less confined. "

I think you have that backwards. If you wish to look at it that way, the Divi is actually a little more "dressy" or "formal".
    The looser, more island vibe is over at the Tamarijn. Trust me, I speak from experience(s).

Hmmm. Clotheslines. Well, you apparently can't change the habits of some people, whether
    they're on vacation or at home. Granted we should all make ourselves comfy while away, but I guess there are some limits.
    I know what's being said here, and I wish people wouldn't do it either.
    But that's personal opinion, and the clotheslines aren't the work of the resort. Therefore, no reflection.

The Tamarijn and The Divi... brothers/sisters of the same family, but like comparing apples and oranges.

No matter, the Lady and I love the place. Hey, we got married there. That's gotta count for something.

And one last note. If anyone ever has a beef or an issue with something at the Tamarijn, all one needs do is talk to someone at the front desk. They are always ready and willing to make the experience of being in Aruba a pleasure. Again, I speak from experience.
    Last edited by Mr. Ratt; 11-19-2011 at 12:00 PM.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Aruba since 1979
    i could only check LIKE but if there was a LOVE this post i would have clicked LOVE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    I'd like to weigh in on this, if I may. The Lady and I have done the journey to paradise together 11 times so far, that's once a year, and she's done 6 more trips on top of that. I've never stayed anywhere other than the Tam, so perhaps I'm a bit biased, she stayed at the Americana (nostalgia for some here) once, discovered the Tamarijn and hasn't left.

It's understandable. It's the atmosphere, the staff. No, not 5 star, but why attempt to have a 5 star with kids running all over? Seriously.

The architecture, that's part of the charm. Not everyone wishes to live in a high-rise while on vacation. We kind of figure, if you're there for the beach and sun, be somewhere with ready access to it. As in, The Tamarijn.

The beach... constantly a point of contention. The fact is, it changes daily. Seriously. There's proof enough of this all the time, ask the staff at the hotel. It's Mother Nature's gift to us so we don't get bored looking at the same scenery all the time.

Chaise lounges.... sort of. Those mesh lounges all over the beach, which as mentioned are stacked every evening. Are they on the patios? No, and they're not supposed to be. There are chairs there for the rooms' inhabitants, and frankly, taking the beach chair into your room or onto your patio or balcony is just, well, rude. They're there for everyone to utilize. Stashing it on your patio/balcony (yes, I've seen many on the second floor do it) is not polite.
    Sharing. Perhaps that's the key....

One question, regarding this one... "The Divi is night and day more relaxed and less confined. "

I think you have that backwards. If you wish to look at it that way, the Divi is actually a little more "dressy" or "formal".
    The looser, more island vibe is over at the Tamarijn. Trust me, I speak from experience(s).

Hmmm. Clotheslines. Well, you apparently can't change the habits of some people, whether
    they're on vacation or at home. Granted we should all make ourselves comfy while away, but I guess there are some limits.
    I know what's being said here, and I wish people wouldn't do it either.
    But that's personal opinion, and the clotheslines aren't the work of the resort. Therefore, no reflection.

The Tamarijn and The Divi... brothers/sisters of the same family, but like comparing apples and oranges.

No matter, the Lady and I love the place. Hey, we got married there. That's gotta count for something.

And one last note. If anyone ever has a beef or an issue with something at the Tamarijn, all one needs do is talk to someone at the front desk. They are always ready and willing to make the experience of being in Aruba a pleasure. Again, I speak from experience.

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    Well said Mr. Ratt, well said!!!! We also started at the high rise area and once we found this, we never looked back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12