Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beach umbrella in front of divi village

Beach umbrella in front of divi village

Does anyone have any info on beach umbrella (where you have the umbrella over a chair) in the divi village beach area? Specifically how to rent one and how much it costs. Or can I reserve one for the week?

Are there any other similar options I don't know about?

Cant rent a beach umbrella at Divi Beach...but if you get up early enough you can claim on of the Palapa's for the day...Just get up, take some towels over and grab a few lounge chairs and put your towels on them....The only thing about me telling you that is...if you claim them and then do not go down for hours you may loose it...You really should not claim it and not use it....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Thanks for the info, so it's free for a palapa as long as one is available? Sounds good to me, how early would you reccomend I get out to get one? Are we talking 7am or 11am roughly?

I guess there will always be a spot at the pool if no chairs on beach are free.

Yes, it's free and a free for all.....meaning the earlier you get there the better chance you have of getting on...6am early....sometimes there are ones available during the day as many folks use them in am then go out shopping or whatever in the afternoon.
    yes, there are usually spots at pool....may not be the spot you want, but as long as I have a place for my towels and stuff I am happy.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

There were TONS of available palapas available on Druif Beach across from the Divi Village the past 10 days. So many so that there were many "non" timeshare owners using them with plenty empty ones left over.

Before we get on to the subject of palapa for public use on public beach, these palapas are so far up from the shoreline I would wager they are on resort property. But again, not an issue these past few weeks since there were more than enough to go around.

FYI, The beach is very wide there so downside is it is a long walk to the ocean to cool off.

Thanks Arubalisa, so you think the palapa's are owned by a resort? ill just sit down and if anyone yells at me ill run into the ocean and swim to venezuela.

Im leaving for atlanta now to spend the night before my flight to Aruba tomorrow morning. Thanks to everyone for the advise and I'll report back afterwards.

Aruba since 1979
    those palapas are owned by divi and if you are a guest at divi, you are welcome to use them.

because they are set back, maybe 150 yds from the water, they are not really an ideal spot
    Quote Originally Posted by jtwcarboy View Post
    Thanks Arubalisa, so you think the palapa's are owned by a resort? ill just sit down and if anyone yells at me ill run into the ocean and swim to venezuela.

Im leaving for atlanta now to spend the night before my flight to Aruba tomorrow morning. Thanks to everyone for the advise and I'll report back afterwards.

We ended up pulling the chairs to the waterfront and never had any issues. Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    did u not fry???
    Quote Originally Posted by jtwcarboy View Post
    We ended up pulling the chairs to the waterfront and never had any issues. Thanks

I sure didnt, it was so cool with the breeze and i used alot of SPF 45 so it was nice. Im home now and im not sunburned at all (and im usually very sensitive) . I wore a big had most of the time in the sun also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast