Aruba Beach

Thread: Beach Update

Beach Update

As of March 18th, (last day I walked) the beaches from Tamarijn to Amsterdam Manor are in good condition. Tamarijn.....as good as it gets. Only rocks are in 1400-1500 blocks. In fron of the Bunker Bar it's approx 300 ft to the surf line! 1100 to 1300...fantastic is the only way to explain it. Divi is not as wide as I've seen it but nice. CDM and ABC are in the best condition I've seen in March for 3 years. Bucutti was nice but loosing beach with surf coming up to the turtle nesting area. From Costa Linda to Amsterdam Manor beaches were nice but very steep angle at the sruf line. Tough on the ankles walking but very nice. Sorry but I didn't take my camera while walking so no pics to share.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Thanks for the update! We're heading down next week. I just saw on the webcams that the waves look like they are really crashing!! Can't wait to be there!!

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

Thanks, we'll be there the 23rd.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    Thanks for the update! We're heading down next week. I just saw on the webcams that the waves look like they are really crashing!! Can't wait to be there!!
    Last week the waves were pounding the Costa Linda/Bucutti areas but the other areas of Eagle & Druif beaches weren't bad. We did experience a monsoon on Friday March 18. Total downpour from 5-7:30 PM. Lots of roads flooded with stranded vehicles.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

That's where I was seeing it today. Looked like some rain today too. I spend all day looking at those webcams wishing I was there.....soon, soon!!! How long are you guys there for - maybe we'll cross paths....

Truly appreciate your update on the beaches. We stay at the Divi and I wasn't aware until my 2nd trip there what impact the waves had. Now on the countdown for our third trip. Can't wait especially after that burst of snow yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    That's where I was seeing it today. Looked like some rain today too. I spend all day looking at those webcams wishing I was there.....soon, soon!!! How long are you guys there for - maybe we'll cross paths....
    Not this year. We came back to reality the 19th. No regrets though because we had to fantastic two weeks that included the end of carnival. Do pack some insect repellant if you intend to be near the beach early morning or early evening. Experienced both mosquitos and small knats that were vicious, but only at those times of the day. Made sure the nieghbors new our repellant would be on the patio all the time for them to use.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Sorry to miss you, but glad you had a good time. Thanks for the tip on the repellent! I would not have brought it as I have in the past and never needed it. Heading to Walmart on the way home!! Maybe we'll meet next year!!