Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beach update at Surf Club?

Beach update at Surf Club?

I know they have been cleaning the beach area around the Surf Club (where the old boat docks were)...... was wondering if anyone has been there the early weeks of Jan 2009 and could give an update?
    Thanks in Advance..... Zippy
    Yachting Summer 2011 .... Mainship Sedan Bridge "Knot Geezers"
    Surf Club Aruba
    Delray Beach
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ocean & Surf Clubs Aruba

I was there up until Dec. 30th, and it was much improved. Unfortunately, they had some very rough waters afterwards that brought in a lot of sea weed but they were cleaning it up and by the time I had left, most of it had gone.

When we arrived Dec. 13th, they were just finishing the cleaning of the ocean floor. It was really much improved and far less "squishy" than last year. However, when the sea weed comes in it can't help but feel a little squishy again. All the garbage was gone from the water.

Also, when the rough seas come in the entry is difficult but then it gets better once the water calms down. No different than in previous years.

Vastly improved!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thank You VERY Much for the Quick Reply!!
    Surf Club Aruba
    Delray Beach
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ocean & Surf Clubs Aruba

Just got back from swimming in the sea at the Surf Club beach and I was really pleased with how pleasant the swimming was - no seaweed or squishy stuff for my feet. All I felt was sandy beach bottom. And I ran into someone on a float who lives about 10 minutes from our home in Michigan. Go figure.

Thank You!!

Thank you very much for the reply!!
    I am VERY happy to hear this news!
    Surf Club Aruba
    Delray Beach
    Fort Lauderdale
    Ocean & Surf Clubs Aruba

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Weimaraner View Post
    Just got back from swimming in the sea at the Surf Club beach and I was really pleased with how pleasant the swimming was - no seaweed or squishy stuff for my feet. All I felt was sandy beach bottom. And I ran into someone on a float who lives about 10 minutes from our home in Michigan. Go figure.
    Happy to hear about this as we are arriving at the Aruba Surf Club in 11 days Can't wait. Thanks again for the beach update

Great news....keep it clean for us....wont be down until October,We really want to feel the clean ocean floor again.

Can some please post pics of the "new" beach.

I will be coming to Aruba in May. I was concerned about the beach because a friend of mine told me about the conditions. I'm so glad to hear about the improvements of the beach because after talking to her I was a little bummed out. If someone has pics to post of the beach that would be great.

There is really no picture that will show you the improvements because they are in the sea floor of the area where you swim if you stay at the Surf Club. As has been reported, Sea Solutions came in during the beginning of December and cleaned out the bottom of the ocean. It has vastly improved but will need regular maintenance.

Most of the beaches were hit by Omar this fall but all that was cleaned up within a few weeks. Surf Club has pictures of that in the lobby.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast